Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Fezter!

Fezolina15

Lairian
Howdy from California….thank you for the add on this site! my name is Carolina and this my boy Fezter! He’s 4 months old! I been wanting a Sphynx for years, for many reasons I wasn’t able to get one but this boy came into our lives and we couldn’t be more happy! We brought him home on June 15 and in just this short weeks that he’s been with us we have learned so much about cats in general, I’m also grateful to have stumbled into this specific website as well I have also learn so much from reading tons of post from other members!! So instrumental since I’m completely a Rokie in the feline world.
I also have gotten the picture that I don’t have more personal space or privacy since he’s attached to my hip he loves attention! Sphynxs are truly a different breed! They are so much fun! Btw he loves catching flies and back talking to me and loves kisses !!!!!
I forgot to mentioned that I did not got him
From a high end breeder more likely a lady that her cats got into an entanglement and had 3 babies anyways I didn’t know what color he really was since he seems purplulish sometimes but I was told that he’s a seal mink? Like I said I’m still in the learning process!

Attachments

• IMG_7895.jpeg
    IMG_7895.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7856.jpeg
    IMG_7856.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7810.jpeg
    IMG_7810.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7747.jpeg
    IMG_7747.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7745.jpeg
    IMG_7745.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7654.jpeg
    IMG_7654.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
Howdy from California….thank you for the add on this site! my name is Carolina and this my boy Fezter! He’s 4 months old! I been wanting a Sphynx for years, for many reasons I wasn’t able to get one but this boy came into our lives and we couldn’t be more happy! We brought him home on June 15 and in just this short weeks that he’s been with us we have learned so much about cats in general, I’m also grateful to have stumbled into this specific website as well I have also learn so much from reading tons of post from other members!! So instrumental since I’m completely a Rokie in the feline world.
I also have gotten the picture that I don’t have more personal space or privacy since he’s attached to my hip he loves attention! Sphynxs are truly a different breed! They are so much fun! Btw he loves catching flies and back talking to me and loves kisses
I forgot to mentioned that I did not got him
From a high end breeder more likely a lady that her cats got into an entanglement and had 3 babies anyways I didn’t know what color he really was since he seems purplulish sometimes but I was told that he’s a seal mink? Like I said I’m still in the learning process!
Welcoming you and adorable Feztwr to the lair family
Happiest gotcha hugs n head smooches
I joined here as a rookie over a decade ago. Truly an amazing down to earth family
We all help each other and love pics and tales.all paws are family
Do u have any furbabies? Never hesitate to ask questions.we gotcha team Fezter

Love his name! I have all all adoptees. Only 1 from a reputable breeder adopted as a retiree. Mine are now 10 ,12, and 12 yrs old
Soo glad you joined us.jump I'm and enjoy this fun friendly bunch. I swear they are cat dog monkey baby all on one for life
Be sure to kitty proof home they get into everything. Watch stoves n dryers they are heat seekers. I have vet mark charts NO ketamine anesthesia for surgeries like neutering as it can have a rebound effect on heart. My vet uses isoflirane or flax anesthesia. What is his silliest habit favorite toy? Others will chime in with color thoughts.

Fezolina15

Lairian
I joined here as a rookie over a decade ago. Truly an amazing down to earth family

Love his name! I have all all adoptees. Only 1 from a reputable breeder adopted as a retiree. Mine are now 10 ,12, and 12 yrs old
Soo glad you joined us.jump I'm and enjoy this fun friendly bunch. I swear they are cat dog monkey baby all on one for life
Be sure to kitty proof home they get into everything. Watch stoves n dryers they are heat seekers. I have vet mark charts NO ketamine anesthesia for surgeries like neutering as it can have a rebound effect on heart. My vet uses isoflirane or flax anesthesia. What is his silliest habit favorite toy? Others will chime in with color thoughts.

Thank you! Fur babies no he’s our very ever first cat! We have two dogs though both 14 years old a chihuahua and a pug that’s it Fezter dislikes them lol,he’s a goof ball! We did he’s a busy buddy!!!!he’s getting neutered on July 9 and yes no ketamine I called and they will use propofol at extra charge but we don’t care.
Silliest habit so far in this 3 weeks he climbs on me and bites me but I been told that he likes me so much that’s why he does that he loves his ball and a wand that is attach to a mouse toy oh he loves sleeping inside is carrier for some odd reason smh ‍♀️, also do they sleep a lot ? He was very energetic this am then my husband sent me a message telling me that he’s been sleeping and not eating his food I got concerned then he have him some wet food and he ate he’s on both wet food and dry.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Fezolina15 , great job confirming no ketamine for his neuter. is he microchipped?
if you are planning to microchip him, during neuter surgery is a good time. ( often need to pay call in registration separately - can ask vet if it includes the registration fee or just the chip..and what brand, mine uses homeagain and its great to manage acct online with photos etc).

all paws crossed for his neuter. pls keep us updated often. it is relatively a fast procedure for male kitties and my boys have all bounce dback recover quickly. no cone needed with my crew.

lol I can just see him with you and playing like a wild child! could just be tired from all the play. keep us updated. did he have a wellness check ? some breeders contracts require a wellness check within a certain time period. I have all adoptees so did not have the typical contracts.

yes,! you started strong with the most amazing breed !!! soo velcro and fun.
here is a great link we all refer to.

never hesitate to ask questions! lol I remember my first nakid, how fragile I thought she would be ... lol not .. she was like a bull in a china shop and boy could she eat.. she did sleep alot too.. I learned to buy those 50'x70" fleece throw blankets and put all over.. lol. we all have blankies! mine like blankies better than cat beds.

btw, all paws are family. love to see pics of your chi and pug.. names??

hugs n head smooches to all paws. we are here for you adorable Team Fezter. we have several cat daddys here too!

Fezolina15

Lairian
@Fezolina15 , great job confirming no ketamine for his neuter. is he microchipped?
if you are planning to microchip him, during neuter surgery is a good time. ( often need to pay call in registration separately - can ask vet if it includes the registration fee or just the chip..and what brand, mine uses homeagain and its great to manage acct online with photos etc).

all paws crossed for his neuter. pls keep us updated often. it is relatively a fast procedure for male kitties and my boys have all bounce dback recover quickly. no cone needed with my crew.

lol I can just see him with you and playing like a wild child! could just be tired from all the play. keep us updated. did he have a wellness check ? some breeders contracts require a wellness check within a certain time period. I have all adoptees so did not have the typical contracts.

never hesitate to ask questions! lol I remember my first nakid, how fragile I thought she would be ... lol not .. she was like a bull in a china shop and boy could she eat.. she did sleep alot too.. I learned to buy those 50'x70" fleece throw blankets and put all over.. lol. we all have blankies! mine like blankies better than cat beds.

hugs n head smooches to all paws. we are here for you adorable Team Fezter. we have several cat daddys here too!

Yes he’s, we got him microchip the very first week we got him I didn’t wanted to risk it and yes is with homeagain.
I have noticed that some days he will playful and crazy and some other days all he wants to do is sleep not interested in his food, he had a wellness check up today actually it went well he had a bit of tummy issues so the vet gave him some probiotics he also had his last set of shots, so he’s fully vaccinated! So he has clean bill of health the vet was super nice and also laughed when I told him it was my very first cat he was like oh what a fun way to start
Thank you guys for being so welcoming ! And yes I always got all kids of questions!!!!

Back