Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Georgia!

APugh0712

Lairian
Hey there! We just recently reserved our FIRST Sphynx! He is getting his final vet clear and we will be bringing him home soon! He is 5 months old :)

My husband has owned cats in the past, but never a Sphynx and I have only ever owned dogs. So I’m very excited about finding this site so I can learn more everyday about our new little family member!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@APugh0712 . welcome to the lair family!!! very excited for you and hubby on your upcoming first sphynx gotcha!
so glad you joined this down to earth fun friendly bunch :)

we all come together for the love of nakids.
looking forward to the set Gotcha date so we can count down with you

be sure to ask any questions and check out the info center for great threads on sphynx life :)

I swear they are cat dog monkey baby all in one for life

(be sure to cat proof everything for life... they are very dog like and get into everything..known to chew things, strings on cat toys, yarn, dental floss, toilet paper etc..) . your baby will have you smiling ear to ear daily with all the fun personality and velcro nature.. many play fetch too!

look forward to updates!

APugh0712

Lairian
Congratulations! I can't wait to see photos and a future gotcha day post of your little man. Does he have a name yet?
The breeder has nicknamed him sloth, and I love that! But my husband loves Odin as a new name. So we’re trying to decide between the two I will definitely post photos and the date he’ll be coming home! I’ll be hearing back from the breeder on when he’ll be ready this afternoon

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so excited for you! There is nothing like a Sphynx. I LOVE my dogs and spoil them rotten, but my Sphynx (Walter) is the apple of my eye. I am obsessed with him :) I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!

APugh0712

Lairian
@APugh0712 . welcome to the lair family!!! very excited for you and hubby on your upcoming first sphynx gotcha!
so glad you joined this down to earth fun friendly bunch :)

we all come together for the love of nakids.
looking forward to the set Gotcha date so we can count down with you

be sure to ask any questions and check out the info center for great threads on sphynx life :)

I swear they are cat dog monkey baby all in one for life

(be sure to cat proof everything for life... they are very dog like and get into everything..known to chew things, strings on cat toys, yarn, dental floss, toilet paper etc..) . your baby will have you smiling ear to ear daily with all the fun personality and velcro nature.. many play fetch too!

look forward to updates!

thank you so much!! We are so excited! I will definitely be checking out some of the forums to get more information on everything! I've found some good stuff looking through here so far which is awesome!!
haha oh good to know! Sounds I’ll be cat proofing over the next couple of days

APugh0712

Lairian
I am so excited for you! There is nothing like a Sphynx. I LOVE my dogs and spoil them rotten, but my Sphynx (Walter) is the apple of my eye. I am obsessed with him :) I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!
I have heard that there’s nothing like it I’ll definitely post some pictures! I know the breeder hadn’t taken any because he had to have surgery to have one of his eyes removed, mama over groomed him, so when I saw him last he has the stitches still in, and he just got them out on Christmas so hopefully I’ll be seeing him soon!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@APugh0712 speedy recovery vibes for your boy... look forward to gotcha day! there are a few members whose kitties have had eye surgery.. so feel free to ask any questions.

definitely kitty proof! lol mine would go on a shelf and just knock stuff over just because.
they are a total hoot! always be sure to watch bolting out doorways... they are lightening fast... I trained mine like a dog to a meet and greet spot. many have clicker trained too!
always double check washer and dryers before use.. they tend to gravitate to hiding, sleeping inside.

so glad you joined us

they are truly an amazing breed that bring love and joy beyond words.
watching for updates :) many of us have done "retail therapy for sphynx stuff" awaiting gotcha day :)

forgot to mention, we often use same litter, type of litter box and food that they are used to from their previous home for a smooth transition.

Back