Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Louisiana!

MaddieP

Lairian
Well, they aren't even due to be bred until July with kittens not coming until September, so I have some time. We're still definitely open to the colors we asked about previously, we just fell in love with the little one in the photo, and I'm not sure why I didn't ask about the color first because it's always been one of my favorites. I guess I'll email shortly. I hate having anxiety, it makes even the easiest tasks like calling or emailing someone nearly impossible.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@MaddieP The breeder will certainly understand your questions about the health. About the colour I would just say you love the little kitten you saw on the photo. If you know you only want that colour then youcan let the breeder know so. If your open for other colour you can say what you prefer but that you also want to see on the photos which kitten steals your heart.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let us know what they say! I know your pain, when I put my deposit down for our second boy, the mama hadn't even been bred to the male yet. It was a very long 7 month wait, but so so worth it! If you don't mind me asking, what is your favorite sphynx color? Its funny, blue sphynx are my absolute favorite, and I have 3, none of which are blue lol!

MaddieP

Lairian
Honestly half the time I can't tell exactly what colors they are, but I love black and whites, mink and white and seal point and white. Basically when they have unique darker facial markings I'm sold. Originally I asked about pointeds and blacks, which I love too. Hmmm, we were put on the list in April, he won't be coming home until around Christmas, so that's an eight month wait!
Side note, I found The Dark Lord on YouTube and he's precious and hilarious! Does anyone else watch him?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I follow him on instagram, and I absolutely adore him! I think his owners "the wenches" have an amazing sense of humor. He'll be at a cat festival I'm going to in July and I hope so badly to meet him!

MaddieP

Lairian
I follow him on instagram, and I absolutely adore him! I think his owners "the wenches" have an amazing sense of humor. He'll be at a cat festival I'm going to in July and I hope so badly to meet him!
They do have great senses of humor! I wished I lived near a cat festival, it would be so cool! Or a cat show. One day I'll get to go to one!

Sheldon13

Staff member
I watch them too. He’s my favorite cat celebrity!

As for the anxiety, I know it doesn’t alleviate it for me to say “don’t sweat it,” but really don’t. Questions like that are totally appropriate and no big deal to the breeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MaddieP

Lairian
I'm trying to stay patient, but it's hard. The first time I emailed her she got back to me within hours.
In other news, the cats got a surprise!

Attachments

• 0524192238.jpg
    0524192238.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 15

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yay a tree! Be sure to post a pic of them on it after it’s constructed!

MaddieP

Lairian
Constructing it wasn't easy, Toulouse wanted to play with it before it was constructed. They had torn up the old one pretty good, and I had the chance to get one half off, so... Big tree for the kitties!

Attachments

• 0525191128.jpg
    0525191128.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 19

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP you did Great job! Great score on sale!
Cute pic!

I really like it.. especially the top perch has a nice platform for kitties to jump up and down from.. well placed shelves and nice condo box
(I use dollar store auto section microfiber towels
For the condos and perches of their cat trees . Fit nicely and wash easy)

Looks like the new cat tree is a hit !

Look forward to more pics and tales
Head smooches sent !

Sheldon13

Staff member
Constructing it wasn't easy, Toulouse wanted to play with it before it was constructed. They had torn up the old one pretty good, and I had the chance to get one half off, so... Big tree for the kitties!

It looks great! Always a good sign when they are overly interested before you can even finish building the thing.

MaddieP

Lairian
I sent a message and she has already responded back! Yay! She had been out of town.
Other news: I'm going to the local shelter tomorrow to attend a Foster Orientation. My dad is letting me keep a foster until I get our baby in December. Since it's kitten season, every shelter is overwhelmed with them, and if I can help just one get a home I'll be overjoyed!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP great update! So glad you got a reply .. figured it was something like that

Bless you amd your dad’s hearts for fostering a kitten! Your will make all the difference for this babies life ((Hugs))’

Please share pics and tales !

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP bless your hearts for fostering handsome Thomas O Malley ..looks like one cool dude ..

Ahhh I bet he is thoroughly enjoying the love and TLC! Do you know his history ?

Tagging @naomi
She and sweet Frida have blessed many souls fostering

(((((Hugs))) amd Head smooches
Thank you for giving him the gift of love

Following for updates! Head smooches to all paws !

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP when I saw him I immediately thought of Morris the cat who was from the humane society

A very special gift of love to foster ...

Back