Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Michigan

Hello, I found your forum via a Search Engine, as we are currently looking to add a feline companion to our family.

We are interested in Sphynx, Peterbald, and Oriental cats. We love the elongated faces, huge ears, and dog like personalities!

We are hoping to find a rescue or breeder in Michigan for any of these breeds asap. We really would love a kitty companion!

We have a 5 month old Chinese Crested puppy named Josci who would love a playful cat buddy, as he hates other dogs.

We also have one hairless dumbo rat named Gremlin, who we've had since he was a teeny baby.

We have three ferrets who are awesome companions as well. Zephyre, Ezekiel, and Iorek.

We live in the Metro Detroit area, in Southgate, MI. We have been searching for a kitty for years, but no luck yet. Any help would be loved! <3

We are a couple in our 20's. We are very simple and like to spend quiet time relaxing at home. We are not that social and we do not go many places. We enjoy spending time together with the animals and playing games at home. We love Scrabble.

Our baby boy, Josci. He is not fond of most other dogs, but he loves playing with most other animals. We are hoping to get a kitty that will like to play with him, or at least tolerate him being bouncy and running around.

Our naked king, Gremlin. He is ruler of the house, and he knows it. He is not fond of other rats, we have tried to get him to make friends with horrific results. He likes some girl rats, but we do not need any baby rats right now. ^^; He likes to be the only guy and be spoiled and pampered.

Zephyre is our biggest ferret, tipping the scales at 5 pounds. We call him Big Z, or The Beast. He is very mellow and calm and is a real sweetheart. A gentle giant, though he at times has a fetish for biting feet if you have socks on!

Ezekiel is our eldest ferret, and is also quite large. He weighs in at 4 pounds. He is also very mellow and calm and is a sweetie also. He's not that fond of feet though, thank goodness. Neither Zephyre or Ezekiel really eat that much, so they must be 'big boned', like me. =P

Iorek is our deaf boy. He is much more like your stereotypical ferret in that he is a little more energetic than the other boys. He loves to play with Josci, and he loves to give us kisses and just hang around by us. He runs like a retarded horse and is always making us laugh. He's a snuggle muffin.

Last edited:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cyovez welcome. sounds like you have a great hairless group:ThumbsUp:
good luck in your sphynx search, waiting is the worst part.

I just picked mine up from Cedar Rapids, IA. I live in the Quad Cities, IL. Check out WELCOME TO CR BALD CATS and talk to Tina. She's awesome! I think she may know a breeder that is in Michigan too. I could have swore she told me she had a breeder in Michigan yesterday. Good luck on your search. Once you get a Sphynx you can't live without them. We just got another one yesterday. We named her Nyiah... she's wonderful. :ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Cyovez and welcome to Sphynxlair! Glad you found us! Good luck on your search for your Sphynx!:Laugh:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So glad you found us! This is a very friendly site and we are all crazy about nudies!

Wow, so many nice welcomes! Thank you everyone, I feel so great here already. =D

Yes, waiting seems to be the worst part of searching for a new family member!

It has been a while since I have had a cat in my life, and I really miss it. Since I moved far away I am not able to visit my Grandmother and her cat Buffy, and I really miss that. =[

Thanks, you guys. Our Crested Josci sends his love. ^_^

I'm loving all of these Sphynx pictures, I just can't get enough of their cuteness. =P

susi794

Staff member
Hi Cyovez,
I am also from Michigan--about 150 mile NE of Detroit. Have you checked with the Michigan breeders? Two others that I know of are on this site and I think Dez does some sphynx rescue work too. Pm me for names.

Wow, quite a unique and beautiful bunch you've got there. I wish you good luck on your kitty quest, and hope you find the pet you're looking for :BigSmile:

Hello fellow Michigander! We have tried some breeders no luck yet though.

And thank you Wauhful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welxome to the site! Your furless and furry family are gorgeous!

Good luck with your search!

X

I got my Billy boy from a new breeder. Bill was apart of her third litter. He is a bright and funny boy with no health problems so far. I am looking to branch out and get another sphynx (Bill is a daddy's boy) and I would like someone for Bill to play with as well as a kitten who likes me. I am not sure where there are other breeders in Western Michigan.