Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Jmcduff

Lairian
hello everyone!
I've posted a bit mostly in the adoption center and spent a few weeks lurking (I'm a people watcher!). My name is Jess, 25, female from Erie PA. I have never owned a Sphynx before, but I am desperate to change that! I have been reading and researching the breed for a little over a year and have been actively seeking a hairless kitty for about 6 months. I have two wonderful dogs whom I rescued 5 and 8 years ago (it's probably more fair to say they rescued me). I am a biology major working on my master's degree. I love all animals, big and small, furry and scaley.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
hello everyone!
I've posted a bit mostly in the adoption center and spent a few weeks lurking (I'm a people watcher!). My name is Jess, 25, female from Erie PA. I have never owned a Sphynx before, but I am desperate to change that! I have been reading and researching the breed for a little over a year and have been actively seeking a hairless kitty for about 6 months. I have two wonderful dogs whom I rescued 5 and 8 years ago (it's probably more fair to say they rescued me). I am a biology major working on my master's degree. I love all animals, big and small, furry and scaley.

Hello, @Jmcduff an welcome to the Lair officially.

I hope you find a sphynx soon. They are an amazing breed.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!!! We have had several members join before they got their hairless wonders...hopefully your addition is just around the corner.

Patti

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Jmcduff and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your search for a sphynx companion! Please enjoy the community! :)

Jmcduff

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Are you wanting to purchase a kitten or rehome one.
Where can you travel to get one?
I am open to either, but I would prefer to adopt if possible. I am will to drive up to 5 hours, but closer would be better so that I am able to meet the kitty before bringing him/her home. Being located in PA, I could also travel to parts of Ohio, New York, Maryland, etc

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Jmcduff , all paws crossed thr sphyn stars align soon!
Keep checking here! I adopted two wonderful littermates from a member

Also, I never knew but learned thru here -
You can contact reputable breeders, interview, and get on a retiree waiting list-
It was only a couple of months and I knew which one I was adopting :) ahead of time
Sharing pics and updates just like a baby kitty -
Kitty raised underfoot not caged, all HCM records , shots , spayed -
As cuddly and loving as a newborn kitty all my adoptees

Keep us posted!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am open to either, but I would prefer to adopt if possible. I am will to drive up to 5 hours, but closer would be better so that I am able to meet the kitty before bringing him/her home. Being located in PA, I could also travel to parts of Ohio, New York, Maryland, etc

Maybe someone closer to those areas can help you.
Best wishes.

Back