Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from Peaches and Harley!

CathyO

Lairian
Hi everyone,

My name is Cathy from Toronto. Looking to learn more from experienced Sphynx lovers and guardians here.

My boyfriend and I are deeply owned by our two well-behaved and sweet girls, Peaches (nakie) and Harley (raggie), now 6 and 9 mo.

H has a fascination about bathrooms and always has the “smugs” as she prances away heads up with her caught toy. P, on the other hand, acts like a total baby and half silly and half the drama queen when we put clothes on her. Interestingly, P sleeps early with a consistent schedule. She never fails to tell me when the litter box needs cleaning or when she thinks I didn’t give her enough food. She knows! Lol

We both love them to death and our life is so much richer with them in it.

Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @CathyO and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a lovely pet family you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CathyO welcoming you , yours Peaches and Harley to the lair family !
Adorables ! Look forward to lots of pics and tales !
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch :)
Have to ask with the name Harley ... do you guys ride ?
Where did you get the frog toy ? Bet mine would love t

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair Peaches, Harley and family! Peaches and Harley are beautiful. Your intro about them put a smile on my face, they're loved very much!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome! I look forward to you becoming an active member and sharing your babies with us.

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A warm welcome Cathy, Harley and Peaches! Such beeeautiful babies :love: I bet you have your hands full with 2 lively kittens! :giggle:

CathyO

Lairian
@CathyO welcoming you , yours Peaches and Harley to the lair family !
Adorables ! Look forward to lots of pics and tales !
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch :)
Have to ask with the name Harley ... do you guys ride ?
Where did you get the frog toy ? Bet mine would love t
Harley is actually Harley Quinn and is a shoulder cat so her version of riding is on our shoulders ;) beaded froggie keychain is from an art fair but saw similar ones online. {}

CathyO

Lairian
A warm welcome Cathy, Harley and Peaches! Such beeeautiful babies :love: I bet you have your hands full with 2 lively kittens! :giggle:
You betcha! Good thing they keep each other busy from time to time :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CathyO hello
Checking in on Peaches and Harley

Look forward to lots of pics and tales!

CathyO

Lairian
@CathyO hello
Checking in on Peaches and Harley

Look forward to lots of pics and tales!
Thanks lovely for checking in. My girls are growing up!! Early this week Harley the ragdoll has her *um* first period. If there is a video upload here I would upload her vid it’s so funny she responds when I ask her if she’s in heat, but it’s also heartbreaking to hear her calls. I’ve watched Dr. Becker’s warning against spaying so I thought of delaying at least after her first heat. My dad used to be a vet and he also recommends to wait at least after the first heat so the animal at least gets some “hormones” in their body.

ANYWAY, on the less serious stuff: my cuddle cat Peaches the sphynx is now acting like a teenager *cough, cough* and she is in her Minnie Mouse cat cave phase. Only sleeping there and not with me anymore unless it’s morning and she wants her food. I gave in last night and put the huge cat cave on my chest and dunked my face at the entrance ***shame, no shame*** “Peaches, I seeeeee youuuuuuuuu hiiiii”, says I your deprived cat slave.

Some of their pics this week: Harley sleeping in her usual eclectic position (sometimes she sleeps with her eyes open or twitches like crazy while dreaming). Peaches when she’s cuddly in the morning after breakfast or afternoons only (according to her).

Attachments

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks lovely for checking in. My girls are growing up!! Early this week Harley the ragdoll has her *um* first period. If there is a video upload here I would upload her vid it’s so funny she responds when I ask her if she’s in heat, but it’s also heartbreaking to hear her calls. I’ve watched Dr. Becker’s warning against spaying so I thought of delaying at least after her first heat. My dad used to be a vet and he also recommends to wait at least after the first heat so the animal at least gets some “hormones” in their body.

ANYWAY, on the less serious stuff: my cuddle cat Peaches the sphynx is now acting like a teenager *cough, cough* and she is in her Minnie Mouse cat cave phase. Only sleeping there and not with me anymore unless it’s morning and she wants her food. I gave in last night and put the huge cat cave on my chest and dunked my face at the entrance ***shame, no shame*** “Peaches, I seeeeee youuuuuuuuu hiiiii”, says I your deprived cat slave.

Some of their pics this week: Harley sleeping in her usual eclectic position (sometimes she sleeps with her eyes open or twitches like crazy while dreaming). Peaches when she’s cuddly in the morning after breakfast or afternoons only (according to her).
Your babies are so cute! I love the name Peaches!

CathyO

Lairian
Hello you all! I was just supposed to update here but got lost commenting away at other people’s post. This forum is truly wonderful. Full of people who genuinely want to know about your daily musing about your kitties. Outside sphynxlair, I know I have to watch myself not to overshare my cats to people who have no pets, let alone a cat.

Anyway, Peaches is still in her same PJs (newly washed) coz I haven’t ordered another one yet but I thought I’d share how she melts my heart whenever she stays in this “baby” position acting all flimsy and silly at the same time.

She’s the only one who can transport me into this melted feeling of pure cuteness when she does this. How about you? Do u have a kitty who makes u melt? What is it exactly that s/he does that makes u go gaga?

Then I look down at the floor and guess who I see with a “How ‘bout meeeeee” look (last pic).

Just me and my life with cats,

CAThy

Attachments

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Cathy from Toronto. Looking to learn more from experienced Sphynx lovers and guardians here.

My boyfriend and I are deeply owned by our two well-behaved and sweet girls, Peaches (nakie) and Harley (raggie), now 6 and 9 mo.

H has a fascination about bathrooms and always has the “smugs” as she prances away heads up with her caught toy. P, on the other hand, acts like a total baby and half silly and half the drama queen when we put clothes on her. Interestingly, P sleeps early with a consistent schedule. She never fails to tell me when the litter box needs cleaning or when she thinks I didn’t give her enough food. She knows! Lol

We both love them to death and our life is so much richer with them in it.

Thanks for reading :)
Your babies are beautiful and I’m so glad you are here! This is my favorite forum by a landslide (and I’m on a lot of them). I think it’s because of the people. Everyone here TRULY cares about other people and their kitties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello you all! I was just supposed to update here but got lost commenting away at other people’s post. This forum is truly wonderful. Full of people who genuinely want to know about your daily musing about your kitties. Outside sphynxlair, I know I have to watch myself not to overshare my cats to people who have no pets, let alone a cat.

Anyway, Peaches is still in her same PJs (newly washed) coz I haven’t ordered another one yet but I thought I’d share how she melts my heart whenever she stays in this “baby” position acting all flimsy and silly at the same time.

She’s the only one who can transport me into this melted feeling of pure cuteness when she does this. How about you? Do u have a kitty who makes u melt? What is it exactly that s/he does that makes u go gaga?

Then I look down at the floor and guess who I see with a “How ‘bout meeeeee” look (last pic).

Just me and my life with cats,

CAThy
So sweet. You had me melting through the picture!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CathyO awwhhh head smooches sent

so happy you are enjoying this fun friendly bunch here

we all come together for the love of nakids

CathyO

Lairian
Just updating: Harley got spayed about 2 wks ago and her cone of shame/onesie will be off after tom. Yay! It’s been one of the more stressful weeks as I didn’t know until it was too late already that Toronto Humane Society will be using ketamine. Thank goodness everything went fine! I noticed she no longer “nibbles” but instead finishes her servings in one go. Quite handy as she needs to gain more weight as a ragdoll..she was so happy to see all her stuff/territory as soon as she got home.
7D4825AC-4A35-46B6-8EFD-F5E6B16EB1D5.jpeg

Amusing her for the time being has been fruitful.
6942513E-9163-48EE-9807-15E85C49DB9B.jpeg

Today, Peaches got growled at followed up by a Paw Smack by Harley when she, again, did not respect “treat boundaries”. Good thing her royalty doesn’t let it get her down.
300500CF-E738-4E45-A31D-1554531CCFF7.jpeg
94250AFB-086C-4452-B942-173F53CCBC17.jpeg

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just updating: Harley got spayed about 2 wks ago and her cone of shame/onesie will be off after tom. Yay! It’s been one of the more stressful weeks as I didn’t know until it was too late already that Toronto Humane Society will be using ketamine. Thank goodness everything went fine! I noticed she no longer “nibbles” but instead finishes her servings in one go. Quite handy as she needs to gain more weight as a ragdoll..she was so happy to see all her stuff/territory as soon as she got home.
View attachment 96264
Amusing her for the time being has been fruitful.
View attachment 96265
Today, Peaches got growled at followed up by a Paw Smack by Harley when she, again, did not respect “treat boundaries”. Good thing her royalty doesn’t let it get her down. View attachment 96266View attachment 96267
aww lol bless her little heart!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CathyO adorable update!! and thank goodness all went well with the surgery

look forward to lots of pics and tales!!

CathyO

Lairian
I knowww! I’m just at the Cardiology clinic right now. Harley finally gets to have her echo cardiogram done to rule out any heart issues before going to a neurologist to see if she has focal dystopia.

Poor little thing this afternoon is the day her cone/onesie will be off but I had to put her back to her now dreaded carrier. She used to love playing in there.