Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from UK

Uksphynxmum

Lairian
Hi all

Firstly let me say hello, I have been on here for about a year reading all your posts but never registered.

I have two naked babies Luna who is 16 months and Otto my white boy who is 6 months. A crazy duo.

My duo was a trio until 3 weeks ago when I lost my big boy... my 12 year old Red sphynx Rizzy to HCM. in January after severe weight loss and many tests coming back clear. The vet scanned the tummy then decided to take a look at the heart and discovered it was massively enlarged. Upon listening to the heart this was not detected. The vet said he would have had the HCM for a long time unknown, I had my angel for around 3 months before he passed. For the final 3 weeks he stayed once a week overnight at the vets for oxygen therapy, on the 3rd occasion he deteriorated in the night and his lungs filled with fluid which diuretics could not clear. The vet called and I agreed to let them put him to sleep peacefully. He had lost 3k in a few months. I miss him very much. Rizzy was diagnosed with a stage 2 heart murmur at about 6 months old and lived a very healthy life to 12 years, I hope this gives hope to others.

Well that's me I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing pictures of my two !

Ps I have also attached a photo of Rizzy a couple of weeks before he passed enjoying the sunshine

Lauren

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Uksphynxmum and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you decided to become a member! Sorry to hear of your loss. We truly hope you enjoy the community! You have beautiful babies in your pics! :)

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad you decided you register, welcome! Luna and Otto are absolutely lovely, adorable pics :) So sad you lost Rizzy, but he was clearly very loved and cared for, and had a good life with you!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My condolences. It’s crazy because he looks just fine in the picture. Sound like you made his last few weeks enjoyable and peaceful. Your other babies are beautiful too. I’m glad you’re here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Thank you for sharing your story and your babies. You definitely give many hope. Welcome to Sphynxlair!

Uksphynxmum

Lairian
I agree he looks very well there. But he was on 10 tablets per day which he would happily take in food until one day he woke up and refused to take them. The vet tried everything in the end I had to use water and syringe, it was a nightmare bless him.
Too be honest he was very active and bar weight loss you you would not have known until about 3 weeks prior.
20181124_165049.jpg
20181124_164513.jpg

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He certainly was a very handsome and gorgeous chap!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Uksphynxmum glad you came out from lurking and joined in this fun friendly bunch ...

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt journey of handsome Rizzy... (((squeeze hugs ))) so so sorry sweet boy got his angel wings . He lives in your heart forever.
Rizzy certainly gives all of us with HCM kitties hope ...

“Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "

his picture enjoying the sunshine and Christmas a true testament to a life well lived and so loved ((((Comforting Hugs))))

Extra Head smooches to Luna and Otto

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Uksphynxmum look forward to you being an active member with pics amd tales of Otto and Luna! Adorables!
Hugs n head smooches !

Glad otto’s neuter went well and no Ketamine ... well done!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Uksphynxmum welcome to sphynxlair. So sorry for the loss of your Rizzy. What a handsome and cute boy he was.
Otto and Luna are very beautiful and cute, happy you have them!

Uksphynxmum

Lairian
Thank you to everyone for the lovely messages and for your kind comments on Rizzy. Its nice to talk about him. He was such a character.

Yes Otto fully on the mend. Let's hope he calms abit now as he was starting to jump on Luna all the time and not give her a seconds peace.