Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from UK!

TotenEngel

Banned
New to the forum so wanted to say hello!
Long time cat owner (I used to breed turkish vans and persians) and for the last 20 years have had rescued moggies (am an ex veterinary nurse!)
I've always had a bit of a thing for sphynxys and recently lost my 21 year old black moggy who always slept with me, saw them on the Ikea ad and it re ignited my interest, was generally looking around at kittens, saw a photo of my little one and fell in love straight away!
We have named him Smeagol (Anatolia Rijhik was too much of a mouthful!)
Hes an absolute handful! Hates having his nails clipped and ears cleaned and we haven't dared to get him near a bath yet!
He sleeps between us every night with his head sticking out the top of the duvet!
And, by the way.. theres no such thing as 'just' a cat!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Congratulations on finding Smeagol. That Ikea ad was great fun.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome TotenEngel glad you have joined us! We can not wait to hear all about your little sweetie!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello! I'm also from the UK, (Lancashire). Nice to meet you. My sphynx boy is also a handful, he likes having his ears cleaned and claws clipped though and he purrs in the bath. But he shouts constantly if he isn't included in everything that goes on!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair - Smeagol is so cute.:BigSmile:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello TotenEngel and welcome to Sphynxlair! I hope you are enjoying the site! I gues you were reffering to "just a cat" in my logo? It's just a cool saying one of our very first members came up with when starting Sphynxlair and we took a liking to it! No harm intended to the hairy ones! LoL:ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
I am so sorry for your loss of your 21 year old sweetie. But, I can't wait to hear and see more photos of your precious Smeagol.

TotenEngel

Banned
Oh my, he does shout very loudly if hes not involved in anything! He has a very definate 'cross' meow that he uses (mainly when he's being told to get down from the places he's not allowed!)
Oh, and for peoples interest he's a Don sphynx rather than the standard type :) (Hence the frazzled whiskers!)
His favourite trick at the moment is playing with the other cats tails... which makes them cross so they wag it more.. and so the cycle continues! They really need to learn lol
and not too sensitive about the logo, just that I am a huge lover of all our feline friends, furry or no!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair. My condolences on losing your old kitty, 21 is a ripe old age and you must have taken wonderful care of it to allow it to live so long. And congrats on getting your new baby. Just remember that now is the time to train him and get the habits imbued that you want for the rest of his life.

TotenEngel

Banned
oh, I fully know we need to get him into all these habits now, but he's far too cute and gets away with murder atm lol, he has us very well trained!
(besides, getting his claws clipped HAS to come before bathtime!!)