Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello hoping someone can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michie

Lairian
good morning all....my name is Michelle, I'm a South African citizen and I work in the UK as a live-in carer. I've just arrived in Boston to visit my aging and frail mom who lives in a small flat and has a very loving 12 year old female Sphinx Katja, she came with my parents from South Africa 7 years ago when they bravely emigrated to Boston to be near my sister. It looks like the time is fast approaching that my mom is going to need to move in with my sister as she is getting too frail to care for herself. My sister very sadly cannot take on Katja. As I don't have my own home I can't take her either. She's a very affectionate cat, but like all sphinxes, high maintenance. My mom will be devastated to let her go but realizes she can't lift her to bath her anymore....Katja was a devoted companion to my late father so she's the link to my dad for my mom. If I have to, I will ship her back to South Africa where I will eventually settle into a flat so she can live out the remaining years....I can't even contemplate putting her down! If anyone can advise on how I can find an exceptional loving home for this gorgeous girl I would be so grateful. No fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mal

Sheldon13

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I know this will be extremely difficult for her.

Please put something in the title about wanting to find a home for a 12 year old Sphynx. I can promise you she will be snatched right up by a Sphynx lover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awwwwe I'm South African in the UK too I use to do live in care work when first arrived.

I feel so bad for your mom having to part with her Sphynx

If I lived the US (lived there before coming to the UK) still I would have gladly helped

Michie

Lairian
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I know this will be extremely difficult for her.

Please put something in the title about wanting to find a home for a 12 year old Sphynx. I can promise you she will be snatched right up by a Sphynx lover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou Sheldon13, I will do just that xxx

Michie

Lairian
Awwwwe I'm South African in the UK too I use to do live in care work when first arrived.

I feel so bad for your mom having to part with her Sphynx

If I lived the US (lived there before coming to the UK) still I would have gladly helped
You are too kind....thankyou xxxx

Ivan

Lairian
Hi I live in North Carolina and if you're looking for a home for Katja I'd be interested in offering my home to her. I currently have a 7 month old fixed male sphinx kitten. there are also dogs in the house. If she would be okay in and environment like that i'd be happy to help.

Michie

Lairian
Hi Ivan....so good of you to respond. Katja has been around dogs in the past and occasionally my mom has had visitors with dogs and Katja didn't seem to mind. If you'd like to ring me to discuss, my number is 6175137011.
She craves company so I'm sure will be thrilled to have another kitty around.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sorry to hear about your Mom.
It's very sad she has to give her sphynx up too.
Hope you find the greatest home for her. Can you share a pit of the sphynx?

Michie

Lairian
Sorry to hear about your Mom.
It's very sad she has to give her sphynx up too.
Hope you find the greatest home for her. Can you share a pit of the sphynx?
You are too kind....yes it's really sad because my mom is devoted to her. I will take a pic today and upload it. Your babies are gorgeous!

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Michie Aww sorry to hear about all this. It sure sounds like you and your siblings are doing a great job looking out for your mom!

Like @Sheldon13 said, post a thread on here and someone with a big heart and a furever home will come forward to take in Katja! Love the name by the way, would love to see a pic! I am picturing a beautiful russian lady and by lady I mean cat, hehe! Wishing you and your family all the best taking care of Ma!

Michie

Lairian
@Michie Aww sorry to hear about all this. It sure sounds like you and your siblings are doing a great job looking out for your mom!

Like @Sheldon13 said, post a thread on here and someone with a big heart and a furever home will come forward to take in Katja! Love the name by the way, would love to see a pic! I am picturing a beautiful russian lady and by lady I mean cat, hehe! Wishing you and your family all the best taking care of Ma!

Thankyou so much I can't believe the lovely messages from you lovely people! I'm not a great photographer but just taken these pics now....she needs a good clean!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She's a beauty. :)
I'm sorry your mum has to rehome her, it must be very hard for her. I hope you find a lovely home for Katja.
If you don't mind, I will ask the daughter of a friend of mine, who is a vet assistant in Rhode Island.
She might know someone who would be close to Boston, who could take her.
I'd be more than happy to pass on details to her, or vice versa (if it's okay with her, of course.)

Michie

Lairian
She's a beauty. :)
I'm sorry your mum has to rehome her, it must be very hard for her. I hope you find a lovely home for Katja.
If you don't mind, I will ask the daughter of a friend of mine, who is a vet assistant in Rhode Island.
She might know someone who would be close to Boston, who could take her.
I'd be more than happy to pass on details to her, or vice versa (if it's okay with her, of course.)

Oh thankyou! More than happy for you to do that if it's possible....thankyou so much x

Michie

Lairian
@Michie i sent you a message
Thankyou for your message, I tried ringing you and left a voice message. Let me know a good time to phone so we can chat about Katja, her history and if possible you could let me know a bit about yourself and your doggies. If you're still interested in adopting Katja we can talk about getting her to you or if you wanted to do the trip to collect her @Ivan

Michie

Lairian
Thankyou for your message, I tried ringing you and left a voice message. Let me know a good time to phone so we can chat about Katja, her history and if possible you could let me know a bit about yourself and your doggies. If you're still interested in adopting Katja we can talk about getting her to you or if you wanted to do the trip to collect her @Ivan
Thankyou for trying anyway @Ivan, I know taking on an old kitty is a big responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.