Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello I am a NEW Sphnx owner...AAAAAHHHHH!

ArkenBillsmom

Lairian
Hi,

My name is Arken and I am the owner of an 9 week old kitten named Bill. We took him for his first vet visit and he has a bit of a cold. The vet sent us home with some sort of eye drop as well as LOTS of information. Vet gave him Advantage as well as advice that if the infection travels to the other eye to give him the medication in both eyes. He has also been sneezing. Again, vets says it is from a cold or kitty virus they get sometimes during the rehoming process. I have seen lysine on this site several times. Should I start putting this in his food? Also, is there anything else I need to do in order to help him.

Signed Worried New Kitten Mom

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome. It sounds like you have been maneuvering your way through the community. Not sure if you stumbled on this section http://sphynxlair.com/community/forums/sphynx-cat-help-center.53/ It has lots of great info. Many of us use L-Lysine as a daily maintenance...and when Upper Respiratory Infections flare up which is common when babies go to new homes double the dosage to 500 mg it is a great booster. Do you have a pic of Bill to share with us?

Patti

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi Arken and Bill !!! If Bill is the picture you have there, he is cute, he looks like when my Hairy was 9 weeks old . Sooooo cute !!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@ArkenBillsmom : hello and welcome to you and Bill!
Is the avatar a photo of little Bill? He's cute! I never did use lysine so I can't give you advise. But I heard a lot of good things about Lysine here. I see @Catzzzmeow did give you the link to more information.

Hope Bill will feel better soon.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use lysine every day as a general maintenance thing as do many of the other lair members. You should take a look at the thread that was posted above it's great.

Bill is a cutie, but I have to tell you. You don't own Bill .. Bill owns you :p you may not see it yet, but it's just the way it works with these guys!!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you. Lysine is great to give
them daily, double up when sick with URI.
Maybe you need to inform your Vet he is throwing up now.
Praying he get's well soon.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ArkenBillsmom , welcome to you and adorable Bill! Great advise given
I wold give a all to your vet and let them know of throwing up, how often and leg shake-
Is he on same food as he was at breeder? Sometimes a sudden change can give upset tummies and the leg shake can be from litter or a little baby poo stuck on his foot? Do you use the same litter he had at breeder?

I use l- Lysine like mentioned in the help center. You can ask your vet- my vet sold me a $27 paste form enysyl-F
That they refused to eat
- so I use Now brand powder I get on amazon- there are several so pls feel free to ask about which you are considering..

If there at other kitties in the house, I keep them separated until coming home kitty cold is better
Please keep us updated and a big welcome to you and Bill !

ArkenBillsmom

Lairian
There are no other kitties in the house. I am assuming the 1 throw up episode is from feeding him two cans of cat food (oops) my husband said I probably over indulged him. I think I will call the vet and ask her about the L lysine.

Back