Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello! I am new Here!

Bella07

Banned
About 2 weeks ago I went to a cat show, and saw a Sphynx. I was awe struck! I have never seen a naked kitty before. Well, here I am now!

I have become fascinated and can't wait to learn all about this breed, and just maybe in the future own one of these cats!

Other than that, at home, I own 3 beautiful dogs and 2 main coon mixes. I am a huge animal lover and can not wait to explore this site some more.

Thank You! :Laugh:

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
WARNING!!!! This site WILL become addicting. I used to only look 2 or 3 times a day. Now every free moment I am checking to see what is going on with everyone. I don't facebook, twitter, text, but good Lord I can't wait to get to my computer and sign on. :LOL::LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
Like you I went to a show and saw sphynx.
I wanted one after that and now have 3.
Your cats are cute.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome, Julia--this is such a wonderful place to learn and share. These are the greatest bunch of folks I know. I'm so glad you are joining our little addiction.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang
p.s. Your furry babies are adorable!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Welcome to the Lair! This is your first step to becoming a Sphynx addict! Goodluck in your search for a new kitty! I'm sure it won't be long before you get one! lol

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and Welcome! I love your kitties. I hope you enjoy the lair. Good Luck on your sphynx search!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Bella07 and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your Sphynx hunt! Plenty of Information here about these little aliens! Please enjoy the site!:Laugh::ThumbsUp: Please don't take offense to the Sphynxlair slogan "If its got hair it's just a cat" We love hairy kitties as well! Yours are adorable!

J

Jinxlover

Welcome..

You will come to the dark(naked) side, they all do!! ...LOL..
(tho your furry babies are very cute)

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Hi Julia,

I replied in my other post, but figured I'd find your into and respond more indepth here. Yes, I am the same Susan from PC, with Bibi and Mimi the cream tabby exotic shorthair sisters. You mentioned that the pic of my Sphynx baby sort of stoked the fires. Let me apologize for THAT right now, lol.

I can't tell you how Zots and Sphynx differ just yet because Sabrina, my neky, isn't home yet. If you can stand it, I'll give you a full report once I can observe in person! Honestly, there's a big difference just between Bibi and Mimi, so it might not be fair to judge personalities. The girl I work with describes her Sphynx as a monkey. Well, Mimi is not far from it and I bless heaven that her legs and bod are sometimes too short to do all the things her brain can think of! Bibi drips with honey, she is so sweet and never causes trouble.

I know you will research the breed, make sure you are aware of HCM. I know you move much more slowly than I do when it comes to adopting. That might not be such a bad thing! ;) I know you had mentioned some interest in showing. If that's where you're headed with Sphynx, start studying the standard. I still don't have my head wrapped around it, but mine are to be pets, so I'm not overly concerned with conformation.

You know I am predisposed to loving flat faces so the Exotic was a natural for me. What you might not know from PC is that I've already owned Egyptian Mau for over 8 years...the girls (sisters again, surprise) will be 9 in October, God willing. So, I'm also a sucker for the sleek look too. I did research Sphynx years ago, but never acted on it. The curiosity started up again when my coworker kept bringing in pictures, then her actual Sphynx kitten. I was cooked. My girls are coming from the same breeder.

I know we have both fancied showing Zots, but I have to tell ya, I am so happy about having PET Sphynx that it just may put a permanent wet blanked on that fire. :)

Julia, have you touched a Sphynx yet? Do yourself a favor...DON'T do it unless the cat has an owner already. Really, once I touched one, there was no going back and I had to have my own. Had the kitten in my arms been for sale, I would have been grabbing for my checkbook, spare change, gold fillings in my teeth (if I had any), anything! To me, they are that addicting!

You'll find everyone here very nice...just don't expect them to talk you out of anything!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Julia, have you touched a Sphynx yet? Do yourself a favor...DON'T do it unless the cat has an owner already. Really, once I touched one, there was no going back and I had to have my own. Had the kitten in my arms been for sale, I would have been grabbing for my checkbook, spare change, gold fillings in my teeth (if I had any), anything! To me, they are that addicting!

You'll find everyone here very nice...just don't expect them to talk you out of anything!

:LOL::LOL: Same here!! Their touch is especially addicting!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome Bella! just look through some of our members' pics, you'll be mush in no time, and give in to the Sphynx urge :) hehe :) I should know I liked them so much i'm getting a second one!

P.S. I have always been a lover of Maine coons!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha Ha! Believe every word you have read about the addiction factor! I had 4 until Jack(RIP) passed last week. I will get another I am sure. Mine are all rescues and are amazing!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome! Your furr babies are very cute! Good luck with trying to resist the urge to own/be owned by a little nude dude...my guess is you'll have one by then end of the year!! :LOL:

X

Marinka

Lairian
So So wellcome! Im new here too. Registered maybe 3 weeks ago. Awesome forum with cool people. They saved me from get scammed, very supportive. Enjoy. :)

Back