Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello, new member here

CrestieRsq

Lairian
Hi all, found your link through FB and thought I'd come take a look. I have one Sphynx, Frankie, who is one of the lights of my life. I've been doing Chinese Crested and Xoloitzcuintle rescue for more than a few years now. Several friends had Sphynx and I always loved them. A rescue situation came up last year and I was lucky enough to be able to adopt my Franklin Q-Bald. He came to us very sick, a walking bag of bones, but my vet and I got him through it and he's been fabulous little monkey paw baby ever since. I absolutely cannot imagine my life without him. We absolutely adore him, he can do no wrong in our eyes (and he is a good boy..ornery as all get out, but we love that about him). We have considered bringing in a playmate for Frankie, but just haven't quite made up our minds if we should. Frankie has FHV so my vet and I opted not to vaccinate him since he is an only cat and indoor only, I am not a fan of vaccinating (except core vax) especially with an already immune compromised animal, but if I bring in another I would have to rethink the vaccination issue (he is absolutely healthy now, other than the occasional sneeze he shows no outward signs of FHV).

Anyway, I love looking at pix of Sphynx and hearing about all the mischief and antics they get into....Frankie pretty much rules our roost, he teaches the new fosters real quick who is in charge....if they forget, he reminds them. :Wink:

I will try to post some pics of him soon.

Lee McCartney and The Q

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello! Welcome to the site, is The Q a red tabby sphynx? He looks a little like Mo. I love the picture, made me laugh!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Meeko has feline herpes and I have 6 cats.
my cats do not get every shot it is on the contracts from the breeders not to.
You can bring another sphynx in.
I just got my 2nd sphynx last month.
Welcome to Sphyx Lair.

CrestieRsq

Lairian
Hello! Welcome to the site, is The Q a red tabby sphynx? He looks a little like Mo. I love the picture, made me laugh!

Nope, not a red tabby, just a red. Frankie's favorite spot is on top my computer monitor - he picked it the day we brought him home, though now that the weather has turned cooler he spends most his days under the covers in my bed. Not sure what he'll do when I finally upgrade from this old bulky monitor to a flat screen.

Brooke

Banned
Welcome to the forum, Lee! I think I recognize your name from the Yahoo Sphynx Rescue Group?

Frankie is adorable....love that photo! One of my girls, Helen, also has FHV, and the other 3 are just fine. I do give them all Lysine as a precaution, though.

We have a few members here that also have Cresteds and/or Xolo's. It seems our affinity for hairless animals isn't just limited to kitties!

CrestieRsq

Lairian
Welcome to the forum, Lee! I think I recognize your name from the Yahoo Sphynx Rescue Group?

Frankie is adorable....love that photo! One of my girls, Helen, also has FHV, and the other 3 are just fine. I do give them all Lysine as a precaution, though.

We have a few members here that also have Cresteds and/or Xolo's. It seems our affinity for hairless animals isn't just limited to kitties!

Yes Brooke, I am a member of the yahoo group, that's how I found my Frankie. I do have Frankie on a Lysine supplement as well. I'm glad to know that I don't need to stress myself out over bringing in another cat due to Frankie's FHV status.

I've attached another pic of my boy.

Attachments

• Q-Ball.jpg
    Q-Ball.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 22

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He is very cute.
I use L-Lysine paste.
Do any of you notice with your cats herpes that it is worse this time a year?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lee welcome tp Sphynxlair! Im glad you found us, I hope you enjoy the site! :Laugh:

Back