Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello there!

Annabanana

Lairian
Wasn't sure if I should post here, since I havent gotten my bald baby yet, but I figure I should introduce myself :) I can add my "tail" later!!

My name is Anna. I have been blessed with two Ragdoll boys, Linus and Riley, and my siamese mutt rescue, Simon.

The Rag boys were to fend off baby fever (Born 6/6/06.. my devil kitties!?). I got them in hopes of showing them as alters, but neither turned out to have the personality or quality I was looking for. Instead, they are totally spoiled rotten and so so loved. Riley is a blue lynx point boy, the runt of the litter, and Linus is a seal point boy. I chose Linus.. the day I went to pick him up, the breeder told me he had a heart murmer and gave me several options. A refund, a kitten exchange, or take both Linus and the runt (Riley, if you havent guessed) home.

I'm sure a lot of you can relate to being very attached to your kittens even before you bring them home, so you can understand why I took Linus and Riley home. Linus' next appointment showed no murmur, he outgrew it! both boys are intensely loved and I keep in touch with their breeder, who says she also wants a Sphynx as her next cat!! How fun is that!

Simon is about 5 years old. My mom has his littermate brother in Missouri. He is an amazing cat.. so playful and loved.. he is truly my baby. He is also blue lynx point (and white) and my lapcat.

Oreo was my dads cat that I insisted on taking after his funeral. I always felt that she held a part of him in her soul. I had to put her down last January (she was about 17) and have been lost without her.. I have dreams quite often of me trying to drag her back into reality. I miss her so, so much.. and so does Simon. While the boys have each other as only littermates can), Simon had Oreo and I. We feel a bit lost without her. While, as Im sure many of you know, there is no replacing a loved one.. a kitten sure helps heal the void.

I've always wanted a Sphynx. I don't know why. I thought they were totally bizarre (which I think is an awesome quality in both people and cats!), but when I went to visit my first breeder I totally fell in love and couldn't imagine my life without one. I have been doing my research for about a year and actively looking for a kitten or cat for the past 6 months or so. Now that bonus and tax time is coming up, I am letting myself get anxious and antsy.

I may have already found my dream kitten. I believe that what is meant to be will be, so I am trying to be patient!! But I am so happy to be here and be so close to finally getting my new baby. Its so much like a real baby.. I'm making sweaters, warm beds, and all sorts of goodies for the little one. And now Ive found this forum! Yay!!!

Annabanana

Lairian
Wow! I wonder how many folks have the furriest of furries and the baldiest of baldies? I will post pics of Riley and Linus soon :) Linus is sitting on my shoulder currently...

Annabanana

Lairian
Thank you! I am hoping for a she. Most of my pets (cats, birds, etc) are male, hoping for some estrogen here! I'm down to two girlies I'm interested in!! Its getting heated here ;)

Annabanana

Lairian
Thank you for the warm welcome!! I'm gathering my down payment now and waiting to see who the folks in front of me in line choose. Can't say more than that now!! :Sweat: Its so nerve wracking waiting.

Annabanana

Lairian
SO! Interesting news. I've been on a sphynx rescue list and there's a very good chance I can pick up a sphynx on christmas eve :X a bit different than a kitten.. but wow what an opportunity!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Crossing my fingers for you!!! I would be too excited to sleep if I was you....You will LOVE being owned by a sphynx!!

Brooke

Banned
SO! Interesting news. I've been on a sphynx rescue list and there's a very good chance I can pick up a sphynx on christmas eve :X a bit different than a kitten.. but wow what an opportunity!

How exciting!! Nelson and Mandy came to me from the Yahoo Sphynx Rescue Group! Good luck!! :ThumbsUp:

Annabanana

Lairian
Oh man. Now this has really turned into a dramatic saga... in a good way. I can't really say anything until it is set in stone though!!

Back