Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello there!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello there,

I'm Yumi from Belgium and google was so kind to show me the way to your forum :LOL:
I found a very nice breeder and mid-end september we'll get our little girl, she helps us with tons of questions we have as this breed is new to us and we want nothing but the best care for her of course.
But nevertheless it's always handy to have a good forum by hand for some advice and chat with more then one person hehe. (y)
So very nice to meet you all!

Euh small edit, so I'm not super pro in introductions, but if you have any questions for me about me or our little kitten, please do feel free to ask! :love:

Last edited:

Shmeeps

Lairian
Hi Yumi. Your little girl looks adorable. Do you have any more pictures to share? I'm new here too and will be getting my second hairless baby the beginning of Sept. Everyone here is so helpful. You've come to the right place.:)

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Safira11.png

euh I hope I did this somewhat right?
I have ton of her pictures in my facebook but it looks I didn't save them to my harddisk yet, or not the recent once hihi.
Guess I know what to do tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

and thank you for the warm welcome shmeeps! A second baby, exciting! (y)

Edit due almost being 4 am it is time to flee to bed for me, I shall return in a couple of hours again. Have a wonderful day/night everyone. :sleep:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yumi welcome to sphynxlair Yumi! Great to see a neighbour joining on sphynxlair. (I'm from the Netherlands).

What a beautiful girl! Love her facial colour and her spots. Do you alreafy have a name for her or still thinking?
You must be so excited! Only a few weeks till gotcha day. It's great the breeder helps you with all the questions.

I have 4 sphynxies myself. The oldest is 4 and the youngest is 15 weeks:)

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross Neighbor! Well sort of hehe :)
Thank you for the warm welcome.

At the moment her name is Safira but we're not sure if we're going to stick with it.
We're considering Freya, so time will tell. (y)

I am indeed very excited and lucky to have a friendly breeder. Blessed! And now finding this forum. Awesome sauce!

4 woah, nice! :LOL: That sounds awesome.
I hope to get a sister for ours later on. She'll get ton of attention, love, hugs, pets,... from me and never be alone, but think it's most likely nice for her just to have one her kind too she can relate too. ;)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yumi Safira and Freya are both beautiful names for a beautiful girl. You'll know which name fits her best when you see her.

Getting a buddy for your girl is a great idea. Cause you know...sphynx are like potato chips. One is never enough!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross Hehe, well fair point there! One is simple not enough.
We already had our first kitty visit and it was amazing.
But we're still awaiting a bit her color development to see what fits her the best (y)
For now I'm leaning more to Freya to be honest although all my pictures are labeled Safira :ROFLMAO:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross I'm only half way my first coffee. I forgot to upload them :ROFLMAO:
Everything here is still so new :sorry: But I'll get there. :hilarious:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Yumi and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
Absolutely precious! Look forward to lots of pics and tales!
If you plan an Instagram acoount , be sure to add it to our official Instagram thread where members are sharing their IG accounts to follow :)

The official Instagram thread.

For some of us , the lair is oor omly social media so please please post here for us!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very mini update, we got our gotchaday set. September 19 is the day. Omg I can't wait.
I swear time suddenly goes 5000 times slower. But it will be so worth it to hold her, cuddle her, spoil her. :love::love::love:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yumi yay for having a gotcha day date. Less then a month to go. Let the countdown begin:).
And yes time can go so much slower when you're waiting for a little cutie. Spend time by buying stuff for the new cutie;-)

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross Oh yes, understandable! :happy: We cannot spoil our little sphynx children enough eh!
But since none of this is used, we.. Uhum I mean I, cause I did it all so: I really have a lot of stuff hoarded. *bows head in shame* and I do mean hoarded.

Yes yes I admit, I really let myself go into buying stuff in advance. A few cuddle toys, a lot of play toys, blankets and tons of blankets, candy, dry and wet food, more toys, litter box wood pellets, cat tree, such a cart box scratch thingy with holes and balls in it which make sound, more blankets, shirts, transportation basket, even more candy and so on and so on.
At one point, Bluebell already passed away and while looking for an other kitten and mailing around to be put on waiting lists..
Cat candy went in promotion. Buy x amount, get x amount free and for a fairly soft price too. I still bought them! Even if I wasn't sure how fast I where to find a new baby. It was a steal deal. :ROFLMAO: How could I resist!
On that note, Hi I'm Yumi and I'm addicted to buying stuff in advance for my little bundle of love. Lol! :love:

Back