Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello to all from Brooklyn, NY

dexteech

Lairian
I've had my sweet son for almost a year now, actually Yesterday was his 1st birthday.
My sphynx's name is Dexter.
I am a 29 year old newlywed. My husband James and I live in NYC and we were hoping to join and maybe meet some fellow sphynx owners since we don't really know any.

I'm new to this, sooo if you guys have any questions or i'm leaving a bunch of stuff out let me know.

Attachments

• jan10 155.jpg
    jan10 155.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 28
  • dexteech.jpg
    dexteech.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 29
  • dec09 223.jpg
    dec09 223.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 27
  • dec09 174.jpg
    dec09 174.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 27
Welcome! Your Dexter is quite a handsome boy!! You will find the Lair is full of great people and beautiful Sphynx! There is plenty of good info to be found here - I have already learned a lot in the short time that I have been a member.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dexteech and welcome to Sphynxlair! What a great looking boy you have! We hope you enjoy the site!:Laugh:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! Dexter is gorgeous!!

You included pictures in you first post and that's always a good start! There's nothing we like more at the Lair than loads of pictures! :LOL:

X

Bella07

Banned
Welcome to the site! Dexter is gorgeous, with such pretty eyes. I can tell how much you guys love him from that 3rd picture.

See you around the site!

dexteech

Lairian
thanks for the warm welcome!

Wednesday morning my husband and I are flying to Nicaragua for our honeymoon. I often visit family across the country and have flown with Dexter before , but didn't want to bring him to a foreign country soooooo tomorrow he's going to stay with my cousin for the week. I'm a nervous wreck about it! Shes great with animals and knows all about sphynx's from staying over at my place, but I'm still so nervous. I can't help but think he's going to feel abandoned and scared. :(
Have any of you gone through this? Am I overreacting? :Cry:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
thanks for the warm welcome!

Wednesday morning my husband and I are flying to Nicaragua for our honeymoon. I often visit family across the country and have flown with Dexter before , but didn't want to bring him to a foreign country soooooo tomorrow he's going to stay with my cousin for the week. I'm a nervous wreck about it! Shes great with animals and knows all about sphynx's from staying over at my place, but I'm still so nervous. I can't help but think he's going to feel abandoned and scared. :(
Have any of you gone through this? Am I overreacting? :Cry:

Congrats on getting married and having a honeymoon!! I can totally understand your anxiety of leaving Dexter behind. Is she acquainted with Dexter? If so I would think he will be just fine. He'll be a missing you I'm sure but as long as she is famalair with how to care for him and he knows her somewhat I'm sure he will be fine. I don't think your over reacting either, I'd be the same way if not worse. I think I'm more attached to Snuffie then she is of me. lol She has brought me such comfort since I've gotten her. I cherish every moment with her.

Back