Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Hello

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just wanted to tell everyone hi! Haven't been on the computer for about four days and came back to tons of unread threads. I'm lost! Wish I had enough time to read every new thread.

I think Stella is having a flare-up with the FHV. :Sad: Such a bummer! We were going on about 4 or 5 months without one, I think. Good news is that she likes her treats again. Hope everyone is doing well. :Smile:

What happens during the flare ups? Mine sneeze a bit and the vet thinks it is a mild herpes but they have never had it bad.

Thanks

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What happens during the flare ups? Mine sneeze a bit and the vet thinks it is a mild herpes but they have never had it bad.

Thanks
I can tell she is having one when her eye or eyes start squinting and it's really watery. Then comes the gooey gunk/eye discharge. I can usually prevent it from getting bad when I place her E Collar on her to prevent her from rubbing. She's had a history of ulcers so the collar is ideal. Fortunately she hasn't had any sneezing.

I can tell she is having one when her eye or eyes start squinting and it's really watery. Then comes the gooey gunk/eye discharge. I can usually prevent it from getting bad when I place her E Collar on her to prevent her from rubbing. She's had a history of ulcers so the collar is ideal. Fortunately she hasn't had any sneezing.
Same here...really watery eyes are the first sign that a flare up is happening. That's when I double up on the Lysine for a week or two and usually that's as bad as it gets.

I hope Stella gets through this one quickly! Nelson has watery eyes this week, too... doesn't it seem like these flare ups happen to our kitties at the same time?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Same here...really watery eyes are the first sign that a flare up is happening. That's when I double up on the Lysine for a week or two and usually that's as bad as it gets.

I hope Stella gets through this one quickly! Nelson has watery eyes this week, too... doesn't it seem like these flare ups happen to our kitties at the same time?

They must happen at the same time. I'm wondering if Stella has been getting stressed over the fact I have been working a little over time in the past couple of weeks, which means she is eating a little later than what she's use to. I feed them as soon as I get home from work.

Thanks everyone! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!! Sucks I haven't been on here as often in the past week or so. :Sad:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't think Mo has ever shown any signs of Herpes. I hear a lot about it on here, is it something that sphynx are very prone to? Could he develop it later on? I hope Stella recovers from her bout of herpes soon! X