Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello

MarieNCat

Lairian
Hi everyone,

I am new this this forum and I am interested in getting a sphynx kitten. I just registered in this forum today and love the positivity that everyone is spreading in the post. I live in New York Long Island and pretty much love animals, lol. I also love nature.. going outside a lot ( the park and the beach in the summer time)and love to learn new things. I do not do much in the winter because it's cold and snowing... my birthday is in December as well and I really just take the day off to do an indoor activity. Love planting things and cooking...
Pretty much...

I have been reading all the post in this forum for about 3 to 4 days now and did my research on sphynx kitten/cat. I found out about them when I saw this youtube video about them. At first I was thinking about Scottish fold cats and now I want a sphynx cat instead. If anyone has a male kitten I would love to adopt.
Please and thank you
Marie

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MarieNCat , welcome to the lair family. so glad you are researching the breed. be sure to check out the sphynx info center.
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align... jump in and enjoy this friendly bunch. btw, I miss living on Long Island, will always be home . keep us updated

MarieNCat

Lairian
@MarieNCat , welcome to the lair family. so glad you are researching the breed. be sure to check out the sphynx info center.
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align... jump in and enjoy this friendly bunch. btw, I miss living on Long Island, will always be home . keep us updated
Thank you

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You will need to have quite alot of savings to care for and buy them, unfortunately they are very expensive to care for and have alot of health issues. Having pet insurance helps and the love and friendship they give is priceless.

Rachlp

Lairian
Hi @MarieNCat

Welcome, I too am new to this forum and have found everyone to super helpful and full of knowledge and reassurance and have been receiving Som amazing help.

We are fairly new to having a sphynx kitten, he is only 22 weeks old and came to us from Russia and I would certainly agree that it can be very costly to purchase and care for a kitten but back in my original home country of Australia, (in my younger days) I use to breed Persians and was best friends with a breeder that bred various breeds and I use to be the genetics registrar who checked and registered all of the pedigrees for the cat association, so can honestly say in my experience of all breeds the sphynx would have to be my favourite for reasons such as their determined personality, how smart and quickly they catch on to commands and training, everyday day ours brings us so much joy.
Hope you get to adapt soon and we look forward to seeing lots of pics

MarieNCat

Lairian
Very helpful thank you

MarieNCat

Lairian
Hi @MarieNCat

Welcome, I too am new to this forum and have found everyone to super helpful and full of knowledge and reassurance and have been receiving Som amazing help.

We are fairly new to having a sphynx kitten, he is only 22 weeks old and came to us from Russia and I would certainly agree that it can be very costly to purchase and care for a kitten but back in my original home country of Australia, (in my younger days) I use to breed Persians and was best friends with a breeder that bred various breeds and I use to be the genetics registrar who checked and registered all of the pedigrees for the cat association, so can honestly say in my experience of all breeds the sphynx would have to be my favourite for reasons such as their determined personality, how smart and quickly they catch on to commands and training, everyday day ours brings us so much joy.
Hope you get to adapt soon and we look forward to seeing lots of pics
I will thank you

Azizi

Lairian
Hi everyone,

I am new this this forum and I am interested in getting a sphynx kitten. I just registered in this forum today and love the positivity that everyone is spreading in the post. I live in New York Long Island and pretty much love animals, lol. I also love nature.. going outside a lot ( the park and the beach in the summer time)and love to learn new things. I do not do much in the winter because it's cold and snowing... my birthday is in December as well and I really just take the day off to do an indoor activity. Love planting things and cooking...
Pretty much...

I have been reading all the post in this forum for about 3 to 4 days now and did my research on sphynx kitten/cat. I found out about them when I saw this youtube video about them. At first I was thinking about Scottish fold cats and now I want a sphynx cat instead. If anyone has a male kitten I would love to adopt.
Please and thank you
Marie
Welcome, they are the most amazing little human slave drivers ever. I would not change it ever, such incredible love. A lot of care to be given and diligent grooming but as you say you have done your reading - then you know, love, fun laughs etc above anything you can imagine from a hot water bottle on fours

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Hope you find a naked to love. If you don't mind an older cat you could also look out for an retired breeder cat. Good luck in your search!

Back