Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello

loesje

Lairian
Hello, this is the first time I post something.
My engslish isn't very good so forgive me if I write some mistakes. I'm from Belgium.
And I have 1 sphynx cat, 2 cats I rescued from the pound and 1 dog.
My first spynx cat died last august. I don't know how he died. That morning nothing seemed to be wrong with him but when I came out of the shower I heard him crying very loud and then I found him on the stairs. He was already dead. I was very upsead I'm 32 years old but when I found my cat dead on the stairs I called my mummy and I was crying like a little child. I even stayed home from work. Two weeks later I was looking for a new sphynx I missed my Marco so much and I knew I wanted a new sphynx cat. A few days later I found a nest of 2 sphynx kittens and guess what? Those kittens were born on the same day my Marco died and Marco is there great great grandfather.
I was lucky there was 1 kitten left and I did not doubt for 1 second. Balou now lives with we since 2 months.
I hope he will stay for al lot of years

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
It sounds like Marco may have died from HCM.
It is a heart problem found in the sphynx breed.
I hope the breeder HCM scans their cats.
If Marco died from HCM you kitten may get it in the future.
Sorry he died.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Heelo and welcome.
I lived in Belgium for 5 years quite recently and love your country.
Worked there as a racedriver until an accident stopped my career.

I lived in Dendermonde and a few months in Ghent. :)
Still go back and visit every year a few times.
Sorry about your cat and good luck with the new kitten.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello loesje and welcome to Sphynxlair! So sorry to hear of your loss. Your english is fine! Would love to see pictures of your new baby! Please enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! Sorry about your first kitty. I hope this one is with you a very long time!!

susi794

Staff member
Welcome! I am excited to get to know you and your sphynx better, please post pcitures when you can. I am sorry to hear about Marco--please do have this baby HCM scanned when he or she is old enough--about one year unless there are symptoms. May you and this baby have years and years and years together!
Susi and the gang

p.s. Your english is just fine!

gizmo6370

Banned
Welcome Loesje....we are neighbours...i'm from the Netherlands :Smile:
Sorry to hear about your Marco...

ktate88

Banned
Welcome to the sphynx lair!

I'm sorry about your Marco :( I hope you enjoy your babies and they are with you for a long, long time

firehillqueen

Banned
My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved Marco. It was fate that you found the kitten so quickly. I hope you enjoy the Sphynx Lair and make many wonderful friends here.

Gizzymom

Banned
Welcome to the Lair. Glad to hear that you are back with a sphynx again!! Post pictures when you can please.:Laugh:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair-I can't wait to see pics of your new baby sphynx! Sorry to hear about Marco.

pooner

Banned
HI, welcome to the Lair! So sorry to hear about your little Marco :Cry:
My little Pooner has HCM and takes medication but I dread the day that I lose him :Cry:
I am glad you've found another sphynx to bring you joy, make sure to get an HCM screening because if it's found early they can treat it with medication to hopefully prolong the cat's life.

loesje

Lairian
It is fun to read al those messages. I still miss Marco a lot, he was my first sphynx and he brought me al lot of joy. I got him after a break up with my ex-boyfriend. He didn't want to have a sphynx. Marco was my best buddy in those days. I'm trying to post some photo's but I don't know if I did it right.

My vet also told me it was probably HCM. I never had it tested. I bought him when he was already 3 years old from someone whit a cattery she did not want to breath with him any more. I was glad I could have a sphynx so cheap because I did not have a lot of mony back then, I just left my ex. She probably knew he was tested positive.

Balou has been tested and he was negatieve. But I think I will have him tested when he is 1 year old. Since Marco is his great great grandfather, I hope he stays neg.
I did not know you can give medication for HCM.

I will try to post more foto's

Ahicks99

Banned
Awwweee Welcome to Sphynx Lair. A wealth of information on here and good company. Sorry for your loss but happy for your gain. Good luck and look forward to seeing you around more.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to the lair! Your english is fine - I understood everything you said. :BigSmile: I am sorry to hear about Marco and wish you luck with you new baby. :Smile:

harperc

Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! Sorry to hear about your Marco, but I am very glad that you now have Balou in your life! I have a friend in Belgium and have visited. I love it there! Everyone is so nice! :) Stay warm this Christmas!!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So glad you joined the Lair. I lost one of my sphynxs to a heart problem and we miss him very much so I can understand what you went through. I love baby sphynx pics hope to see some of yours soon.