HELP!! Baby is a biter! | Sphynxlair

HELP!! Baby is a biter!

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by kalliee129, Apr 28, 2009.

1. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $371.02
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've run into a little problem that really didn't bother me to much, but now there's an issue. You see Meecho is a biter. I'm not talking love bite kinda biter. She is more of a take a chunk in her mouth and bites until someone cry's kinda biter. This sounds bad but I really didn't care what she did to the dog or the other cat :tinysmile_grin_t: I mean they're bigger then her and if they're going to let a little think like her beat them up well then it was their own fault. Now we come to the problem. We just bought a new puppy this weekend. She is just a little chihuaha/boston terrier mix. She is so small I honestly don't even think she weighs a full pound yet. So the puppy absolutely adores Meecho and follows her everywhere. Meecho is well...Meecho is Meecho. As long as she is the princess of the house everything else is just there to keep her company. So when she does play with the puppy she is grabbing it by the head and grabbing a big chunk of her neck on the underside and biting it until the puppy cries. I wish the puppy would just snap back at her and then she would learn her lesson, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Does anyone else have a biter or any suggestions on how I can curb this particular habit from her. I'm just worried that one day she won't let go of the puppy and then I'm in big trouble, because this is my mom's new baby and well I really don't want to make momma mad if you know what I mean :tinysmile_twink_t:

2. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $475.00
    Ratings:
    +89
    Have you tried squirting her with water when she does it? They usually get the hint real quick with that. Squirt... Tell her no in your not nice voice.

3. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,464.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    You know how cats always immediately jump after food once it's been dropped or given to them. Well, something happened to ButterBall that immediately stopped that behavior. I dropped a jalapeno from a pizza I was eating. Needless to say, when I offered him a little hamburger piece, he wouldn't eat it. Now, he plays with his treats for a few minutes before he decides to lick them and test them out.

4. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $371.02
    Ratings:
    +56
    the water bottle is a great idea. I never even thought of that. What I've been doing is telling her no and that she's a bad girl and a tap on the nose. This is how I trained Midnight and it got to the point where all I had to say was he's a bad boy and he would immediately do what he was told. He couldn't stand to be a bad boy. Meecho is A LOT more stubborn.

With the food she actually doesn't jump at any food because I've always let her take a sniff of what I have and she will decide if she wants it or not. Believe it or not she is like the healthiest eater. She will only eat chicken with no bread or stays away from sweets, but loves fruit and veggies. Now she does have a bad habit of eating non edible things, like the tape off a package I received. Talk about a stressfull few days. I kept worrying it was stuck in her and would inspect her poop everyday waiting for it to come out. When it did I threw a party :)