Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help from Sleepypod owners

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My new Sleepypods arrived last night. I have a couple of questions, though. What is the plastic loop for that's on the bottom edge of the bed (inside the carrier)? Also, what are the 2 circular clear plastic stickers for?

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes the loop is to attach a leash so they don't jump out when the cover is off. Mine did not come with clear stickers- can you post a pic of those?

maybe they're for some kind of labelling... like "live animals" or owners name/addr - one for the base and one for the cover?​

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This might sound dumb but I was wondering if the stickers were to be used to make an ID tag to tie around the handle, like the merchandise tag was when the Pod arrived? For now, I tucked them away on a shelf because I'm sure as soon as I throw them out, I'll realize they were for something important!:Woo:

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What size did you buy? Does it fit your cat nicely? Do you find the round shape awkward to carry? I was looking at purchasing one myself.

What size did you buy? Does it fit your cat nicely? Do you find the round shape awkward to carry? I was looking at purchasing one myself.
I bought the larger of the two and it will be ample for Milo (when he's full grown ;) I love the carrying strap it comes with, but I can see where the circular size might be a tad awkward to carry. It was Nofur's car accident experience that convinced me that this was the safest way to go, and I love that it will be used as his bed - so that he becomes familiar and comfortable with it - before we introduce it as a carrier with the top on it :D

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I bought the larger size, too. They call it a Medium even though there are only 2 sizes. I know--weird, huh? Nofur's accident is what convinced me as well. There isn't a ton of room but it's adequate . Blue is a solid 12 pound boy and he has enough room as long as he doesn't try to fully stand up (but he can't do that in a regular carrier, either). The warmers are supposed to arrive on Monday so I'm hoping that the cats will start sleeping in them, too, which was another factor that made me buy.

My first impression was that they are extremely well-made. They have a very nice, sturdy, well-stitched appearance and the zippers are not wimpy. And I really like how they are meant to be buckled into a car, too. I'm giving the cats this week to get used to them and try them out as carriers next weekend.

spygirl

Banned
So you know the white Apple logo stickers you see on people's cars? When you buy an Apple product, it comes with those white Apple stickers. Now the SleepyPod is packed in that box almost identically to how an Apple computer is packed. Similar type face on the box, instructions are similar, etc. In fact, when we first opened our SleepyPod box, my hubby said, "Dang, I think they've been taking lessons from Apple" (He specializes in iPhone development). So with an Apple product you get apple shaped stickers and with a SleepyPod you get circle stickers!

And get it... iPod... SleepyPod... :Hysterical:

So you know the white Apple logo stickers you see on people's cars? When you buy an Apple product, it comes with those white Apple stickers. Now the SleepyPod is packed in that box almost identically to how an Apple computer is packed. Similar type face on the box, instructions are similar, etc. In fact, when we first opened our SleepyPod box, my hubby said, "Dang, I think they've been taking lessons from Apple" (He specializes in iPhone development). So with an Apple product you get apple shaped stickers and with a SleepyPod you get circle stickers!

And get it... iPod... SleepyPod... :Hysterical:
LOL, you almost had me sold on that, 'cept the stickers are clear :LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on the new pod!!!
I agree with everyone, they are very well constructed. We've been using ours 2-3 times a week for at least a year and theres no holes in the mesh, or zipper probs or loose threads or anything!

I guess the round shape is a little awkward to carry but we only carry as far as the car and back!
For shopping we usually use a purse style carrier, or if we forget and only have the sleepy pod we balance it on the baby seat part of the shopping carts, so we dont have to carry it around.

Nofuratu drives around in it with the mesh unzipped and handles apart so he can poke his head out and stand up, turn around etc without constriction. He rarely tries to get out, and if he does I stop the car and put him back in....(like super nanny reinforcing a time out...lol) ...and then he stays put.
During his car accident he had his head peeking out, and didnt "fall out" or anything....in fact he kind of "fell into" the pod...

I had no idea what the plastic loop was for!!! Thanks!!!
Mine didnt come with any stickers....maybe they are a new thing they're including...dying to hear what they are for!

Also, I mentioned this in another post but in case you missed it, my stepmom and I started using those quilted baby car seat covers over our pods! The breathing flap fits around the handle in the centre, and covers all the mesh to block wind and snow. They're only a couple bucks at thrift stores...

Im surprised sleepy pod hasnt invented a "winter cover" for the mesh top! Im sure they could charge another $30 for that! LOL
Heres pics of Nofur in his pod.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Also, what are the 2 circular clear plastic stickers for?
I asked Nofuratu what he thought the stickers were for and he is convinced they are to laminate your ski lift passes so they are more durable!
He is very upset that he did not get any stickers, and is concerned his ski passes will become shredded from using his sleepy pod too much!
I think he is going to write to "MeowMe" to complain and request stickers...or a refund of the amount it will cost to replace his ski pass should it become damaged.

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nofur looks like he could be a spokes kitty for sleepypod . He could work in the resarch department and invent a winter cover. When noone is looking, he can get his paws on some stickers.

LLevenson

Lairian
this is just a guess as i don't have a sleepypod, but could the stickers be for in case there is a tear in the mesh (like how if you buy a tent you get the patch)? but if not everyone comes with it, then I am probably wrong....did you try calling them? I am very curious!

this is just a guess as i don't have a sleepypod, but could the stickers be for in case there is a tear in the mesh (like how if you buy a tent you get the patch)? but if not everyone comes with it, then I am probably wrong....did you try calling them? I am very curious!
That is an awesome guess :) but, there's no way these would be strong enough to mend anything on the pod... even if they're supposed to be labels, I don't see how they'd last very long at all. I even googled the question and came up with zippo :Question:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I asked Nofuratu what he thought the stickers were for and he is convinced they are to laminate your ski lift passes so they are more durable!
He is very upset that he did not get any stickers, and is concerned his ski passes will become shredded from using his sleepy pod too much!
I think he is going to write to "MeowMe" to complain and request stickers...or a refund of the amount it will cost to replace his ski pass should it become damaged.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I just emailed Sleepypod today. I'll let you all know when/if I get an answer. So many ideas!! Thanks, all!:ThumbsUp:

PS I'm going to hit the local thrift stores as soon as I can to try and find some babyseat covers. Thanks for the tip!!

Lottaskin

Lairian
I don't know why but I find this incredibly funny. Maybe it's to mess with you... human toys.. can be made of anything... hours of fun trying to figure it out :p

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The weight limit is 15 pounds for the Medium size Pod, so my two cats would be over that limit for carrying. Plus I think it'd be tight to put the top on if you had 2 cats inside. However, when its in the house with the top off, they both sit in one together.

Maybe if the cats were smaller than mine or got along better than mine, it'd be okay. I'm interested to hear what others think.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I HAVE AN ANSWER!!:LOL::LOL:
Kathy:

They are intended to seal the boxes closed. Why they are in the box instead of on it is a funny misunderstanding with our factory. We asked them to not stick the stickers on the cartons so that we can easily open and inspect them before shipping and instead of giving us a roll of the stickers, they put 2 stickers in each box! Enjoy your free round stickers!

-Greg.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How funny:LOL: Here we are thinking it's got to be something important:LOL: