Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HELP ?! Hives

Bluemaryjane

Lairian
So my queen had kittens and one of the kittens is about 6 months old and is randomly getting hives the food is the same the litter is dust free and scent free he uses eurcerine sentive baby soap when bathes . New owners says they have kept everything the same and under his armpits is where he mostly get it please any advice ? They have tooken him to the vet but the results are muddy since he is so young the parents have no skin issue or have never gotten hives or any type of skin issue neither did my cats parents . So it’s not like it’s genetic ? I told her to stop bathing him so after to be able to get some of his natural oils she bathes him 1 week which is a bit much in my opinion . So I told her to stop mean while .

Attachments

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would guess TOO much bathing. Once a week is a bit excessive. Every other week at most and she may want to try some conditioner after the wash. You can also use argan oil to help moisturize the skin in between bathing.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Poor baby! Hope they get it figured out.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Positve vibes sent
Do you know if they keep clothes on him for long periods of time?
Use fabric softener or dryer sheets?

One member recently reported her kitty was allergic to Gaines laundry pods

Agree with possibly overbathing

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was wondering about clothes too, as the underarms could easily be chafing on armholes if clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hope they figure out what is causing it. Clothes could well be causing it, just as bathing too much

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Definitely sounds like the bathing is excessive, and maybe they don't rinse off the soap enough after?