Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help!! I have severe allergies

Isaly

Lairian
I was never allergic to cats before l. I lived with one just couple months ago, for a few years. I just got my sphynx two days ago and amongst sneezing constantly my eyes are itchy watery and one gets so bad I cant open it in the morning my eyes are swollen as well.went to the eye doctor just in case it was pink eye. I was told just allergies. I cant live like this I dont know what to do. Spent so much money on my kitty and i do love him very much

dbzmastergal

Lairian
You may have to take piriton for itching. Make sure to wash your hands every time and clean all the surfaces he jumps on.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Isaly oh yikes that's no fun. Do you have meds against allergy? If not, go get them. I'm allergic for cats and...I live with 4 cats in my house:). Take my meds (pills, nosespray and eye drops) everyday and wash my hands a lot. Clean my eyes with waterin the morning and evening and use eyedrops
Your body will get used to your cat after a while. But that can take a few months.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's too bad. My husband is allergic to my kitty. We have a few air purifiers around the house. Plus I damp mop the floor before he comes home every day. I wash down the areas my kitty likes to sit in - windowsills etc. It's a lot of work but I really don't want to get rid of my husband lol.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Isaly ,(((hugs))) how are you today?
any relief allergies ?

Surely members will comtinue to chime in

Here is a search result the upper right search bubble

Search Results for Query: Allergic to cat | Sphynxlair

Be sure to scroll to bottom of threads for "similar threads"

All paws crossed you get allergy relief
Several members and their family members have allergies smd have found a good balance and routine

Please keep us updated often