Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help identifying bumbs on skin

Rick

Lairian
This started about 4 days ago, the bumps aren't hard, or itch

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like an irritation of some sort. Could be many things that caused it, new food, new litter, new detergent? it could also be allergies. Has it gotten worse over the 4 days? it couldn't hurt to have a vet visit, but I would first see if there was anything new in the picture.

Hopefully, it's minor and goes away. Sphynx are notorious for skin stuff. keep us updated.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We did the gradual switch but we stopped his old food all together last week, that might be it! Thank you for your time Kauna, I will try his old food to see if it improves his skin

Glad I could help! hopefully that will be the trick. I have an allergic girl so much so that I give her allergy serum injections. She has lots of allergies. Thankfully none to food (at least not that I can tell) hers are all environmental.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Rick great advice by @kauna

Chiming in with positve vibes
Let us know if switching food back shows improvement

All paws crossed for positive updates!

Here is a link

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some very good advice! Something I've not had to deal with thankfully (fingers crossed!)... The bumps @Breeze showed looks almost identical so I really hope swapping the food back will do the trick! Please let us know if it worked {}

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello there !
I am so happy to see that you’ve been given great advice from our members here on the lair ! I promise you these guys will never let you down . If they can be sure they will advice you go to the vet pronto !
I do hope the lumps and bumps go away and your little one is back to normal soon
Sending hugs from us
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Rick awhhhh adorable pic of the trio!
love your fish tank! What kind of fish? Several of us have fish tanks . Do your sphynx like watching the fish?
Mine will sit on the tank lid

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aaawww what a gorgeous trio! :love: And a happy update as well that the bumps went away. Food allergies sure can be a tricky thing to deal with.... :(

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Rick ohhh I miss my salt tank !

Hope you are active with us with lots of pics and tales of your babies, sooo cute!

What is their favorite toy? Silliest things they do ?

Back