Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HELP! :(in over

SarahShambles

Lairian
So poor little Luna is unwell! Temperature of 41c and just really lethargic ;( the vet has given her anti biotics and an injection to take the temp down. She’s back home with us now we were offered for her to be kept in over night and possibly on a drip! I felt like that was a bit much as she’s still a little playful and purring.
She’s not eating her raw and only wants church’s total canine which I’ve been told is bad for her skin!

We’re about 4 hours since the injections she’s not as hot and she’s playing with church but I’m still worried :(

Thoughts?
Could it be stress
Bad Raw food/food poisoning

I’d really appriciate any advise or experience you wise sphynx owners have as I’m probably going to have a sleepless night watching her before I see the vet again tomorrow!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww bless Luna! sending u both love n head smooches! Aww I know all bout sleepless nites will our babies lol!

Sorry I have no idea what it could be has she had a upset tummy or could she have ate something! Does the vet hav any idea what it could be? m sure you’ll get good advice from others on here! :kiss:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Antibiotics should kick in by tomorrow. Please update us...positive vibes are sent. With a temp there is usually an infection, what is your vet saying?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SarahShambles , awhhhh (((Hugs))) and positive vibes for Luna
What brand raw ? I would check with the company for any recalls - and if they reviewed complaints but no recall-
I used to feed halo brand food dry kibble - had issues - called and they said no problems -
Weeks later I got a message from chewy.com stating the food I had purchased was recalled in a small batch

Did the vet suggest switching Luna to Church's kibble amd forego the raw ?

What was the vets diagnosis?
Did they do a full CBC blood test ?

Hoe is Luna tonight?
Hopeful the antiobitcs kick in soon

Please keep us updated often

My vet tech showed me how to do the subQ fluid at home if that's something you feel comfortable with ..
Definitely do the Turgor test to check for hydration at home(vet may have showed you ) and keep in contact with your vet

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending healing vibes to Luna. My boy Toa had a temp like that a few weeks ago too. I rushed to the vet. He did get a shot and meds and a few days he was running around again like a little maniac and the fever was gone. Still no idea what was going on. Hopefully it'll be the same for Luna

SarahShambles

Lairian
She’s much better today! Running around like a nutter and eating plenty! :) still a little sleepier than normal.
The vet said her temp is back to an acceptable level 38c however she has a five day course of antibiotics half in the morning half at night to take!
Hopefully this will continue and she’ll be better in no time!

Thanks for all the advise!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to hear the antibiotics are kicking in...warning crazy kitten antics are about to really begin lol.

Back