Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help me identify skin condition!

Josephinelp

Lairian
My 12 year old sphynx did not come down for breakfast this morning. He always comes for food! He is very lathargic. He has some scratchs and the outer tips of his ears are red and pus filled bumps. Also has some pus filled bumps on back and tummy. Went to vet and was given antibiotic shot. Was also given appetite stimulant. Returned home and ate and drank but still lathargic. All blood work normal with very slight WBC increase. This all happened today and getting worse. No changes in environment or food. Nothing different. Indoor only.
20190809_184436.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20190809_184505.jpg
    20190809_184505.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190809_193620.jpg
    20190809_193620.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190809_193600.jpg
    20190809_193600.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 47

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sorry to hear your boy is not feeling well.
Never saw an allergic reaction like that. It seems like it are blisters. But don't know if there's a skin disease that causes blisters? Was he in the sun much?
Hope other members chime in for advice.

Sending healing vibes to your boy.

Shmeeps

Lairian
Here's a giant shot in the dark . Do you have any plants in the house? The rash looks like its in places on his body where he would rub up against things. It also may be an insect bite/bites. Not sure where you live, I live in Fl and to me they looked like red ant bites.

Josephinelp

Lairian
Here's a giant shot in the dark . Do you have any plants in the house? The rash looks like its in places on his body where he would rub up against things. It also may be an insect bite/bites. Not sure where you live, I live in Fl and to me they looked like red ant bites.

Josephinelp

Lairian
Plants are out of reach and he is an indoor cat. He does sit on his cat tree which is in front of a window but has done so for years. Live in NC. He is feeling better and eating and drinking a lot. Ears are drying and forming scabs. Still don't know what this is so I can prevent happening again. Thank you for your help!

Josephinelp

Lairian
Never saw an allergic reaction like that. It seems like it are blisters. But don't know if there's a skin disease that causes blisters? Was he in the sun much?

Thanks so much for your help. His cat tree is in front of a window but has been for years. He did have the FVRP vaccine 10 days ago but vet is unsure if this is a reaction. He is eating and drinking a lot now and ears are scabbing. Just weird.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wow sorry I missed this. My first thought was sun excessive sun exposure. Please update us when you can...kudos to you for getting to your vet quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
It does look like a bacterial skin infection to me. That doesn’t mean it started that way. It definitely could be local burns that got infected. When did you notice the problem? Did it worsen with time? Did it change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back