Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help me name a Bombay

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry I do not have any pics of her.
I do not know which kitten I am getting yet.
They are solid black.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Beautiful cats. Likened to Midnight, Negro (Spanish for Black). I am thinking on it.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I like Chanel also.

A few others:
Midnight
O"Rion
Zodiac
Onyx
8 Ball
Ace
BlackJack
Pitch
Pitch Black
Raven
Shadow
Spooky
Salem

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Go with .... Inigo Montoya! I dont know why but I think that would be an awesome name!!!
Hello my name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father...prepare to die!!!:LOL::LOL:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Go with .... Inigo Montoya! I dont know why but I think that would be an awesome name!!!
Hello my name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father...prepare to die!!!:LOL::LOL:

:LOL:

Anise
Blackjack
Cinderella
Charcoal
Ebony
Indigo
Licorice
Black Magic
Onyx
Pepper
Raven
Shadow
Sootie
Treacle
Velvet

susi794

Staff member
Bombay makes me think of India--how about Calcutta? Cally for short...
or Nisha--Hindi for night,
or Mumbai--Indian word for Bombay
or Taj--from the Taj Mahal
I also like Cricket--India's favorite sport

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
My co-worker has a black cat named "Grim" (as in The Grim Reaper) ... I love it and swear if I ever get a black cat, that'll be its name. :)

Other than that, I would call it "Snowball" just to mess with people.

;)

Bella07

Banned
Mystic (I once fostered a black exotic, of whom I named Mystic. The name was perfect. Sweet and Dreamy, yet Dark and Mysterious, just like the little girl. It really was the perfect name.)

Good Luck in choosing a perfect name for your Bombay!

Nair Bare

Lairian
If you are getting a British Bombay (gold or green eyed), I would call her something refined and a bit British like......."Remington"

An American Bombay kitten (orange eyed), I would call her something strong and black, and very popular in American........"Java"

If you want to stay within the Bombay/India sphere of influence, how about naming her after one of their temples......."Shirdi"
Or after one of the cities (referred to as being an EXCELLENT city)......."Kanpur".
Altho I think it is pronounced .....Cawnpore.
But you can pronounce it as "Can Purr", an excellent description for any cat, but spell it as their city is spelled--Kanpur.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
If you are getting a British Bombay (gold or green eyed), I would call her something refined and a bit British like......."Remington"

An American Bombay kitten (orange eyed), I would call her something strong and black, and very popular in American........"Java"

If you want to stay within the Bombay/India sphere of influence, how about naming her after one of their temples......."Shirdi"
Or after one of the cities (referred to as being an EXCELLENT city)......."Kanpur".
Altho I think it is pronounced .....Cawnpore.
But you can pronounce it as "Can Purr", an excellent description for any cat, but spell it as their city is spelled--Kanpur.

I like these suggestions too!:ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for the name ideas.
She is a American Bombay with copper eyes.
My Polars show name is Mystic Polar Bare.

Nair Bare

Lairian
A black cat with copper eyes sounds magnificent and captivating!
Staring deep into those coppery eyes while watching every mood illuminate her face would be mesmerizing.
Copper is such a lively metal with its' ever changing wonderful patina, the verdigris colors, displaying their vintage character as the metal ages. The end result develops into such a sophisticated finish and the look is always extraordinary. Copper is a magical color.

Perhaps a nice feminine name for your new Bombay kitten would be......"Patina".

susi794

Staff member
Here are a few more suggestions:
Tendua -- Hindi for panther
Rani--Hindi princess
Bagheera--the Panther in Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book
Jet--as in jet black
Black Satin Sheets--Satin for short
Or here's my alltime favorite: Mumbai's Black Pearl--sounds myseterious and exotic like a panther-like cat ought to be.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love the name Blackberry and I also like Black Satin Sheets.
I also like the Indian names.
If I use Blackberry I need another name to go with it.

Bella07

Banned
Blackberry is a great name! If it were my kitty...I'd probably name her Blackberry Kisses! Not sure how original that is, but I like it :Wink:

Back