Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help me pick a good name...

CoolSphynx

Lairian
I'm saving up for another kitty, and i already want to start thinking about boy names....

I'm looking for names that have a theme of mischief or mystery....
for example: Loki, Hermes, James Bond for a tux

but I have friends with cats with these names, so I need to think of more....can you help?

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I thought about naming Kramer Loki.... I would compile a list of names & wait till you see what he looks like/ personality & then name the kitty.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thats for sure! I love the story behind that name! FYI - I named one dog Trouble & he is Trouble!!!!!!

CoolSphynx

Lairian
I had a burmese python named Trouble. And he was, too.

:Surprise: A python named Angel would make me nervous... one who lived up to the name of Trouble would scare the bejeebies out of my weenie, wussy self.... They're beautiful, but something about seeing any snake up close brings out my inner middle schooler (i came upon a rattler while hiking in AZ in my defense... he recognized me for the weenie that I am and left me alone after staring for a bit)

It may be ages before I get my boy-- I have two more foster persians with me. I just can't seem to say no to rescue babies who need a home (hmmm remind you of anyone? cough cough Brooke!) They are a bonded pair and Dobby is in heaven, now having three furry ladies fawn over him. He treats them like his own personal heating blankets.

Why do some guys insist on objectifying ladies? ... sigh ;)

Brooke

Banned
It may be ages before I get my boy-- I have two more foster persians with me. I just can't seem to say no to rescue babies who need a home (hmmm remind you of anyone? cough cough Brooke!) They are a bonded pair and Dobby is in heaven, now having three furry ladies fawn over him. He treats them like his own personal heating blankets.

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! You'll be proud of me, I've made a conscious effort not to look at petfinder, kijiji, hoobly, craigslist and all the other websites for the past 2 weeks.

Although, I was looking at the gang the other day while they were all crowded around their plates eating their chicken in gravy, and it occurred to me that a white or red sphynx would look really cute in the mix...:LOL:.... just kidding.

I'd like to see a pic of Dobby with the three furry ladies!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have a friend out here who's name is Jim & he does the reptile thing like Steve Irwan did... he is supposed to be getting his own TV show, he has a 18ft burmese pythin named Blondie & his pride & joy Bubba just past away... he was a 5 ft alligator that walked around his house like a dog would; he was never caged. He has a ton of others too. But Blondie (& I'm not scared of reptiles made me a litte nervous seeing that she could eat me! )

CoolSphynx

Lairian
I have a white sphynx coming and her name will be Wrinkled Velvet.

OMG this is the big week right?!!! do you know the day yet or is weather a factor?
I can't wait to see little Wrinkled Velvet-- i remember her baby pic was so precious...
Squeeeeeee! I'm so excited for you...

Brooke, I'm really impressed that you stayed away from the sites for 2 wks -- that's a long time for folks like us :) -- I once unfavorited all my cat sites, thinking it would make me more productive, but then I realized I was wasting more time typing out the URLs again when I gave in to temptations...rescue brings me a lot of joy, and sometimes heartache, as long i can provide a good home and medical care, i'm not hurting anyone .... I'm going to borrow a digital camera to snap Dobby with his harem. It's crazy. My cameraphone is not clear... i'm like the only one i know who still has a film camera..sheesh

Brooke

Banned
OMG this is the big week right?!!! do you know the day yet or is weather a factor?
I can't wait to see little Wrinkled Velvet-- i remember her baby pic was so precious...
Squeeeeeee! I'm so excited for you...

Brooke, I'm really impressed that you stayed away from the sites for 2 wks -- that's a long time for folks like us :) -- I once unfavorited all my cat sites, thinking it would make me more productive, but then I realized I was wasting more time typing out the URLs again when I gave in to temptations...rescue brings me a lot of joy, and sometimes heartache, as long i can provide a good home and medical care, i'm not hurting anyone .... I'm going to borrow a digital camera to snap Dobby with his harem. It's crazy. My cameraphone is not clear... i'm like the only one i know who still has a film camera..sheesh

Well, I admit, I still have 2 sites that automatically email me with new listings...so I haven't completely quit cold turkey. I don't want to go through withdrawals. I fear I might break out with hives or something...:Whistle:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is coming Weds night to Sacramento.
Her flight should come in at 8:31 pm unless it is delayed.
We had tsorms today and have some more coming this week.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yea time is going by slow.
I had a longer wait for Cleo though.
She could not be shipped twice because the weather was to cold.
Of course I got her last Dec.

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Alright everyone! show of hands who searches for sphynx on craigslist, hoobly, petfinder, kijiji, and any other classifieds sites daily? *raises hand*

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Alright everyone! show of hands who searches for sphynx on craigslist, hoobly, petfinder, kijiji, and any other classifieds sites daily? *raises hand*

Count me in!

If your hubby gives you a hard time about it, tell him you're actually trying to do him a favor. Since he's claimed RayRay and the other two are your babies, you must add another sphynx to even the number :Cool:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I go to Hoobly everyday! LOL! So many cute ones in there!!....I will get just one more and thats it......I THINK!!!!:LOL::LOL:

Back