Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

susi794

Staff member
I am just sick about what I've done! :Angry: :Surprise: I tried to pimp my profile page and now everything is really small, I've lost my profile pic and when I redownload it it is the size of a postage stamp. OMG!!! I am about to cry! :Cry::Cry: Can someone help me fix it? Calling all techies!!!!

Bella07

Banned
:LOL: Your post just made me giggle out loud! At first I was scared something was seriously wrong....You know, death, sickness...But no, it was just some some profile page drama! :Hysterical:

Well, think of it this way, you have a fresh start to work with, and can now pimp your page up to the fullest extent! So your page is white, with the basic lavender bars.

What can we do to help?

susi794

Staff member
No, all that stuff is still there--everything is just really tiny. My profile pic used to be big, but now it and the rest of the fonts are so small. I don't know what I did or how to fix it. And I have worked myself into a tizzy about it.

Bella07

Banned
Hhmm....do you have the original picture still downloaded to your computer? If so, I would reload it back onto SL. I also like to use tinypic.com, where you can easily upload pictures, edit them, reformat their size, and then save them to your Pictures, and wa-la, your done. That's all I know....Good Luck!

susi794

Staff member
It won't let me do anything but download it from my computer files, but when I do it comes out really really small. All of the text on my profile looks really small too, but when you go in to customize my profile, there is no place to change the font size--only the font type.
I am sooooo mad that I even tried to mess with it! :ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown:
GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:
I've tried to fix it and tried to fix it...I can't do anything.:Sweat::Cry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm not even entering the Pimp Your Profile contest. I wasn't joking when I said the winner should help pimp the profile of a more "challenged" member. It took me hours to do what I did with my profile page, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice. The only place on the Customize Profile page that even mentions font size is the "Controls" block at the bottom. Did the setting somehow get set on "Small"?

Treasurecat

Banned
I'm sorry you're having a hard time :( I looked at your profile and it seems normal size, I wish I were more computer savvy and I could help. Good Luck, Megan.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ahh! I don't know anything about it. But I do know how frustrating it can be. Love ya:ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would try deleting your profile picture, re upload/download it and see if that changes the size of your photo. As for your font size I would go into the customize page clicky and see if you have your font set on small. Other than that your page looks fine on my end. I hope that helps.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let's see if this helps. First go to your profile > edit your profile picture > delete your picture. Also go to your Album and delete it there. Then re-upload it.

I haven't found anywhere to change the size of the font. But your size looks good from my end.

Added: I'm going blind in my old age. To change your font size go to Your Profile > Customize Profile. Scroll all the way to the bottom of that page. Look for the box labeled Controls. You can change your font size in there.

Here's a tip for something I do when I'm working on a blog or profile page. I open the original page and keep it open. That's my emergency reference page for when I screw up. Then I open another browser and navigate to the page I want to work on. I make whatever changes I want within the second browser and save them from that browser window. And if I mess up or decide I don't like it I can go back to my first browser, save that profile/page and voila, it's back to the way I started out.

susi794

Staff member
Let's see if this helps. First go to your profile > edit your profile picture > delete your picture. Also go to your Album and delete it there. Then re-upload it.

I haven't found anywhere to change the size of the font. But your size looks good from my end.

Added: I'm going blind in my old age. To change your font size go to Your Profile > Customize Profile. Scroll all the way to the bottom of that page. Look for the box labeled Controls. You can change your font size in there.

Here's a tip for something I do when I'm working on a blog or profile page. I open the original page and keep it open. That's my emergency reference page for when I screw up. Then I open another browser and navigate to the page I want to work on. I make whatever changes I want within the second browser and save them from that browser window. And if I mess up or decide I don't like it I can go back to my first browser, save that profile/page and voila, it's back to the way I started out.

Changing the font size at the bottom of the customize your profile page only changes the font of things in control boxes--not the font of your text...but if you guys all say the size looks good from your end maybe it's just my imagination....I'll try deleting and redownloading the profile pic and see if that works.
Thanks for the suggestion.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
yikes sorry no help here- but i hope you get it fixed!! your page was very nicely done!

susi794

Staff member
It's not my imagination--everything is smaller and I tried deleting and redownloading the pic to no avail. Guess I will have to wait for Admin to get back so he can help me....and then I'm not going to touch it again.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Computer glitches can be so frustrating and I hate having to wait for help but sometimes I just can't figure it out on my own. At least Admin will have something to do when he gets back!

Nair Bare

Lairian
These magic boxes can be SO evil sometimes. I have the computer mind of an earwig, but I do have a trick or two up my sleeve.

Turn on your computer
Go get a very big hammer
Place hammer where monitor can see it
Tell the magic box it has two choices...
1) Fix yourself or
2) You viciously apply this never fail cure-all for all technical problems!!

WAAA LAAAA.....if you have one of those really smart magic boxes, it should magically cure itself.

Be sure to keep that big hammer withing viewing range of your monitor.

These silly boxes.

susi794

Staff member
:LOL::LOL:Well, I think mine is stupid then...cuz I've already threatened to do it grievous bodily harm!:LOL::LOL:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My flow chart for home computer woes...
A. 1 shot of tequila, goto B.

B . attempt repair, goto C.

C. Is computer fixed?
-no, goto A.
-yes, then celebrate with a beer chaser
-can't find computer? then celebrate with a beer chaser.

the computers seem to know my methodology, so the fear of drunk recreational surgery seems to keep them in line :Smile:

susi794

Staff member
My flow chart for home computer woes...
A. 1 shot of tequila, goto B.

B . attempt repair, goto C.

C. Is computer fixed?
-no, goto A.
-yes, then celebrate with a beer chaser
-can't find computer? then celebrate with a beer chaser.

the computers seem to know my methodology, so the fear of drunk recreational surgery seems to keep them in line :Smile:

:LOL::LOL:Too funny, Fester! :LOL::LOL:
MMSB, Admin came to my rescue--I had to go back and redownload it from a different place--made it bigger at the source, so when I imported it it was bigger. Admin is my hero! Took me two minutes after he told me what the problem was--had worked on it, cried over it, got mad at it and finally just said "To heck with it!" (Well, that's SORTA :Wink: what I said anyway...:LOL:) for hours and hours.
So, I PIMPED my profile alright---more like punied it. But it's all better now.:BigSmile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yay for the Admin. I hope he will be able to fix my problem too.

Three cheers for Fester's method. But I think if I had to repeat his computer repair flow chart more than a couple of times I might forget what the original problem was. Problem solved!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:LOL::LOL: Sorry for laughing but Susi this just cracked me up:Wink: It's a good thing I am married to Admin or my profile would be a mess:Dizzy:

holly_savage

Banned
Susi, are things still teeny weeny?
If so, I have had this problem before...but mine was everything was oversized.
I use internet explorer...and if you look in the bottom right corner, there is usually a little magnifying glass and % number. When I had the problem it had gotten changed to 200% so everything was huge and took up more than a screen...

Could be something as simple as that or maybe not, I don't profess to be a computer geek, just your everyday average user that can fix the problems, she's had to learn to fix from experience.

Back