Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help, my little girl pees everywhere

Irine

Lairian
I don't know what to do with my youngest girl, who will be one year old soon. I have three Sphinx girls in the house. My oldest one is almost 6 years old, and then i have two young girls, that are almost a year old. I noticed that someone is peeing all over the house, not in the litter boxes ( i have 4 in different places ). I had my suspicions about Luna, which is the youngest one. Sure enough, i saw her pee in the hallway not far away form the litter box. Then she tried to pee on my son's shoes. Then she peed in the sink right in front of me. I don't know what is wrong with her. Could it be a urinary infection or something else. She is not fixed yet, because i thought of breeding her. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Definitely suggest a consult with your vet ASAP
They may want to rule out a urinary infection, stones , etc
Or decide if it behavioral
Any changes to litter recently ?

My vet prefers to do an in office urine test called a cystiocentesis
That gives details for urine Crystals , blood in urine etc

All paws crossed you get answers soon

Will be following closely

Be sure to clean with a good enzyme cleaner like anti icky poo unscented thst was recommend by a breeder . It can be used in laundry too
its avail online various sites
My vets office sells it too
Anti-Icky-Poo is recommended by veterinarians more than any other product

Sphynx pooping or peeing outside the litter box

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Could very well be a UTI. Please update us with what the vet says. Great advice was given about getting an enzymatic cleaner.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Her not being fixed comes first to mind. She could have a UTI or cystitis. Those need to be ruled out. Or she could have stress induced improper urination like my one girl. My girl is on Prozac now and doing fine.
I would recommend seeing your vet.

Back