Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HELP! New Kitty Introduction!!

Pbinky

Banned
Poor Skinner, I feel for him I get that alot ( can't tell you how many times I have to get new eyeliner:ThumbsDown:) Keep up with the meds and look at the bright side no eyeliner:Laugh:

How long does it take to clear up? my poor Skinner has swollen pink eyes. it really looks awful. i've also been cleaning his eyes with saline (1 cup sterile water 1/4 teaspoon of salt) 3x a day before i put in his eye cream.
He just looks unwell. It's killing me. :Cry:

Pbinky

Banned
I'm still keeping the boys separate and night and when i'm not home. Early this morning when my husband came home from working the night shift i told him not to separate the boys as Pbinky escaped and managed to find his way to Skinner. It was 5am and i thought i would be up in a couple of hours so what the heck. within 20 minutes i heard poor Skinner screaming as Pbinky was pinning him down, biting and scratching him. :Sweat:
Skinner has been hear a month. Granted they had to be completely separated a few times due to illness but WHAT THE HECK??!!! I feel like i can't trust them alone. Should i be letting them "play" that way. i'm always intervening with a water bottle. One squirt and both the boys go running. Should i just let them "try to kill eachother" ? Cause once i break it up Skinner always goes running back to Pbinky. So it's not like he's afraid of him. I just want to sleep with my husband in the same room again. Since we brought home Skinner, my husband has been sleeping in the basement living room with Pbink. And i on the main floor of our bungalow with Skinner.
What should i do???
P.S. Skinner's health seems to be improving!!! I have them both on the meds but also immune boosting supplements. i'm so relieved!!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When Pbinky pins Skinner down is it just playing?
Cleo does that to my cats all the time and she is smaller then them.
It is just playing with her.
Your cats should get a long by now.
Cleo plays very rough.

Pbinky

Banned
I'm not sure if it's just playing. The chase eachother around all the time. Skinner taunts Pbinky by biting his tail or his legs. Then Pbinky gets pissed off and gets him. Skinner cries and screams. It's crazy. i break them up and then Skinner goes in for more. I don't get it. Skinner has some scratch marks and some little teeth marks after this happens. No blood shed yet. I just want to be able to let them run free without worrying that they are going to really hurt eachother. Kinda like kids..."it's only a game until some gets their eye poked out" that's what my mom used to say to us....
i'm just not sure what the heck these little boys are doing...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just monitor them, they will eventually get tired of fighting! When your home just let them play fight together, eventually they will get along!:ThumbsUp:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Admin is right, I think Skinner hasn't figured out his place in the line yet. It sounds worse to us than it feels to them. My dogs drag each other by their necks, they are 70+ lbs... you would think teeth pulling neck skin = painful but they look at you like ehy are you stopping us.

Pbinky

Banned
Ok, so 2 days ago i gave up. I just let the boys do what they do. And just like you all said, they got tired of the fighting and now they are best friends. No more separating!! Just like you said, they needed to figure each other out and when they bite each other they are just playing. Why else would they keep going back for more?? So for the past 2 nights My husband and i have enjoyed the company of both our boys in bed with us. It's so snugly and warm! I'm in love!!:Wink:

Back