Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help! Not sure what this is

Susanhughes

Lairian
My Sphynx just developed his rash on his belly. Any ideas? I thought maybe ring worm?? Or a viral thing?
Lots of new stuff so could be an allergy but it doesn't look like hives.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 74

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Susanhughes honestly I'm not sure what it is. I'm sure others will chime in, but you mentioned that there are lots of new stuff, so maybe it's a reaction. What new things are you referring to: food, detergent, shampoo, etc.? Speak to your vet or take your baby there. You don't want this to get worse, then it will be doubly hard to get rid of and in the meantime, your baby is uncomfortable.

Please update us and let us know what you find out. We always look for updates. Best of luck.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Anything hot that he laid on? It is odd that it is a pattern like that. I would take him to the vet.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I agree with @MollysMom that it's odd that it is a pattern. Never seen anything like that before. If it was only one I would guess ringworm but so much is not possible. Best thing is go to the vet. Please let us know what the vet thinks of it.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Susanhughes

I have been driving myself nuts trying to find this old thread for you.
Fungus, ringworm, or what?!

Scroll through the entire thread as most information is on the later page. I personally would just have my vet take a look and share the info about it. Odd it just started up.

Patti[/USER]

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Did you see your vet yet and share the info from the thread I shared? Very curious if they feel it is hormonal.

Last edited:

Kaitlyn Ramsay

Lairian
Definitely go the vet, if it's an adverse reaction (like anaphylaxis) he may some steroids, if it's ringworm you need some antifungal (please he can give it to you in turn).

Back