Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help!!! Skin issues!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Yoda mom I dug up pics from then...we called him the lion king. Surprisingly no his spots did not show ...I think it is was is because the breed has almost a pelt like undercoat and they did no go all the way down. Also Loki is 18...we got him when the breed was first introduced, so they were not as spotted as they are these days. They really bred the rosettes into the breed as time went on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405257643.879827.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405257671.333236.jpg

We felt horrible, but after not getting rid of it after so long and them all passing it back and forth we had no choice. They had to sedate him to shave him and we bought an expensive steam cleaner as we had carpets back then. It was so stressful and turned out costly.

The neighbors thought we were nuts. 2 hairless cats in the window and then this shaven thing...lol.

Patti

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@jasmyn how are things going? I am assuming your baby has been let into the common areas of the house. I hope things have remained under control for you :)

Patti

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@jasmyn That's exactly what our girl's looked like. Are you still putting ointment on the scabs? We had to bathe and apply ointment until there were no scabs left. The fungus is in a sense in these scabs and you do not want them shedding the scabs because then you have a chance of it continuing to spread. All it takes is a hair follicle with the fungus on it to shed and another animal or same one to comes into contact with it and it starts again. So that is the same with the scabs.

Patti