Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

help...sphynx wont stop cutting his neck from scratching

chloemcquestion

Lairian
Hello. My ninja keeps causing scratches on his neck and I am out of options.

He got all the flee stuff done, hes been on the same food his whole life, what else could it be? Litter? Ears? Infection? I have no idea. I need help for sure.

Attachments

• ninja.jpg
    ninja.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 34

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless you. Not sure what others do but I always put a little Vaseline on my ones scratchers and it tends to heal quicker and prevents scabs from becoming hard and itchy. I have never had to deal with anything more than a few scratchers at a time usually on his face. As soon as I see the raw red scratch marks I put a little Vaseline on and the redness goes away and the skin heals with out scabbing. I use it regulatory until it has healed.
I hope someone can advise I did see once someone cut up their socks to use as a neckless kind of. To stop their little one scratching the skin on its neck until it healed

chloemcquestion

Lairian
Bless you. Not sure what others do but I always put a little Vaseline on my ones scratchers and it tends to heal quicker and prevents scabs from becoming hard and itchy. I have never had to deal with anything more than a few scratchers at a time usually on his face. As soon as I see the raw red scratch marks I put a little Vaseline on and the redness goes away and the skin heals with out scabbing. I use it regulatory until it has healed.
I hope someone can advise I did see once someone cut up their socks to use as a neckless kind of. To stop their little one scratching the skin on its neck until it healed
Thank you sooo much. I will definitely try this out!

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have this problem too and I find if you put cotton clothes on them designed for Sphynx it helps. Also wiping down with warm water and a soft flannel.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello. My ninja keeps causing scratches on his neck and I am out of options.

He got all the flee stuff done, hes been on the same food his whole life, what else could it be? Litter? Ears? Infection? I have no idea. I need help for sure.
Hi @chloemcquestion How is Ninja doing. I am just checking in to see if the Vaseline did help start the healing process of those nasty little scratchers.

Back