Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

HELP- sun burn? Tan ?

Sofia Kitty Cow

Lairian
Hi all
Sofia has been sunbathing under direct sunlight behind a window (dont know how she escaped into the attic). I have blocked entrance know that I found the culprit. The top of her head is dramatically dark(naturally pale pink. picture with toy is natural skin tone). At first i thought she was dirty but after bathing her i noticed this wasnt the case. Can anyone please offer any advise on how to treat or does it pass on its on? Please help
B7506E54-D4BD-4FF6-ABCE-79E333C26F0B.jpeg

D5694DD6-F27B-44C3-996C-146F0F42F756.jpeg

7AB13DDD-728A-4A23-9B4B-44E549722E4A.jpeg

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Honestly it doesn’t look that different to me in the pictures. But I’m sure as her mom/dad you know very well if it’s darker. It will fade just like NBC any human tan, just takes some time. The best thing you can do to prevent it in the future is buy some clear uv blocking film to put on her favorite window(s).

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Pixel

Lairian
Pixel has the exact same, we have sun shirts on him but his head got tanned, I figure like humans it will lighten up again once he’s out of the sun. We are getting UV filters put on the windows this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Our one girl gets very dark and the skin feels hard/thick when she gets too much sun. I move the cat trees and limit exposure to the sun. One year she got a huge dark spot on her side and it disappeared as quickly as it came once we limited sun.

Sofia Kitty Cow

Lairian
Honestly it doesn’t look that different to me in the pictures. But I’m sure as her mom/dad you know very well if it’s darker. It will fade just like NBC any human tan, just takes some time. The best thing you can do to prevent it in the future is buy some clear uv blocking film to put on her favorite window(s).

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
thank you! I just ordered some film!

Sofia Kitty Cow

Lairian
Pixel has the exact same, we have sun shirts on him but his head got tanned, I figure like humans it will lighten up again once he’s out of the sun. We are getting UV filters put on the windows this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
poor babies, thank you, that sounds like the right idea

Sofia Kitty Cow

Lairian
Our one girl gets very dark and the skin feels hard/thick when she gets too much sun. I move the cat trees and limit exposure to the sun. One year she got a huge dark spot on her side and it disappeared as quickly as it came once we limited sun.
thank you, i will impatiently be watching to see an improvement after I place the film on the windows