Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

EmilyAnderson

Lairian
I'm hoping this wonderful community can help me trouble-shoot some food questions.

I have a Devon Rex with SEVERE food allergies. She has been doing well for years on Blue Buffalo Basics - Fish & Potato. We recently adopted a little sphynx who is having an allergic reaction to the food. The vet recommended putting her on Royal Canin Ultamino. My Sphynx is doing great on it, but my poor Devon ERUPTED in boils.

I am now trying to figure out what food I should try next.

Here are the facts:

Devon Rex DOES NOT tolerate:

Royal Canin Ultamino
Blue Buffalo Basics - Duck & Potato

Devon Rex has done well on Blue Buffalo Basics FISH & Potato & Hill's Z/D

Sphynx DOES Not tolerate:

Blue Buffalo Basics - Fish & Potato

I am considering trying Natural Balance L.I.D. Green Pea & Salmon OR Natural Balance L.I.D. Green Pea & Venison - has anyone, whose cats have seemingly similar allergies, had good luck with these foods? Would you recommend one over the other?

I would be incredibly grateful for any help, tips or recommendations you can offer me!

Thanks so much!

Noinfoavail

Lairian
I had to feed my girl an Rx food and add meds to it, so i ended up getting a bowl that read her microchip and only opened for her. It would be expensive, but would work to keep them from eating each other's food...it also comes with a little tag you can put on their collar if they aren't microchiped (although public service announcement you should totally get them chipped)

I got the SureFeed MicroChip Small dog and cat feeder. (the system won't let me post the link)

might be easier than trying to find a food that works for both?

EmilyAnderson

Lairian
I hadn’t heard of a chip activated bowl. Thank you! I’ll look into it.

And I agree it’s important to chip! All my critters have one