Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help with some brown spots/soap recommendations

Gray

Lairian
Hello everyone,

My Marcline has these small brown spots that I know are dirt spots, but I cant seem to get rid of them.

We have tried all sorts of tricks online and even gently scrubbing with a glove loofa (so i can make sure Im not pressing too hard) and they just never go away.

I have family coming over for Christmas soon and I dont want them to think she's filthy (first Sphynx meeting for all of them).

What soaps and cleaners are you guys using? Im trying not to break out my makeup removers and facial cleanses but I will if that's advised?

Thank you for the help. I just want to be as gentle and good to her skin as possible!

Attachments

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Have you tried using coconut oil to help break down the dirt buildup?
Otherwise I have heard people swear by the Hylyt shampoo and the Nudie Naturals shampoo (this one if designed for Sphynx and hairless animals)

Gray

Lairian
Have you tried using coconut oil to help break down the dirt buildup?
Otherwise I have heard people swear by the Hylyt shampoo and the Nudie Naturals shampoo (this one if designed for Sphynx and hairless animals)
I have tried coconut oil and it wont break it down on her belly. I use it all over her and it gets the rest of her clean and moist.

Is that an amazon purchase or ahould my local vet have it?

Thanks so much for the product recomwndation!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It sounds like it may just be skin pigmentation. What makes you think that it should come off? Does some of it come off when you scrub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gray

Lairian
It sounds like it may just be skin pigmentation. What makes you think that it should come off? Does some of it come off when you scrub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
She gets pretty oily in this spot and when we lived at my old place a weekly bath with a baby formula soap and a dab of dishsoap was enough to get her clean. At the new house i think shes getting dusty then sweaty and I can no longer get it off.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The Hylyt shampoo is available on Amazon I believe and nudie naturals is a indie brand on Etsy she is based in Florida I believe.