Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help with Sphynx lair site!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,
Im going crazy here!
I am working on redesigning the site mainly colors and logo and a little bit of a different look, easier navigation. Does any one have suggestions on color or websites they visit that are appealing that i can look at? please give feed back on sight.
Thanks in advanced!
Any help would be great.
Sphynx lair
p.s. what do you think of the drawing I did, I wanted to incorperate it in the logo. It's just a rough draft. The ears need to be spaced apart a bit and slightly angled. It's kind of like a cartoonish look.
0509091050_0001.jpg click to enlarge image

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I actually like the way the site is laid out... some forums are too confusing. As far as colors i think it is up to you... personally my fav color is bright blue. Here is a good "saying" for the site below, since we all agree that cats are cats... Sphynx are special! LOL:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• if its got hair.jpg
    if its got hair.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 19

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I made it on photoshop in my computer... we have a fridge in the garage that magnets & stickers go on because the one in the house is covered in wood so I wanted something about the kitties!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Admin-

Here are some other Sphynx graphics I have if your interested.

Attachments

• Sphynx Priceless.jpg
    Sphynx Priceless.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 17
  • sphynx drawing.jpg
    sphynx drawing.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 16
  • sphynx flames.jpg
    sphynx flames.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 3ae3_12.jpg
    3ae3_12.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 17

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Go for it! The site is great! The people on the site are awesome! We should have an awesome slogan for our naked babies!:tinysmile_tongue_t:

streakin

Lairian
I really love that cartoon you drew! I find it's pretty easy to get around the sight...the only thing that I feel really could use a boost is this color....I personally like streamlined, modern, sleek, chic, simple colors. But out of all the graphics, honestly I like the one you made the best!

streakin

Lairian
ok as soon as I replied, I noticed that I spelled site wrong...and went to edit my post...no edit button! lol ok, so my suggestion is an edit button (please disregard if there is one and I'm too blind to find it!)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi admin,

Just to give my two-cents worth...regarding the forum re-design, I think this forum is awesome and I do like this forum's current format; the topics are very clear and easy to navigate. However, I think the color scheme and logo of this forum should be updated and have a more modern feel. Sphynx cats are so modern and cool, it'll be great to convey their true essence with a cool new logo and a hip site design.

To give you some ideas of what I mean, I am enclosing some examples. Here's one cat forum that I thnk was designed very nicely (though I don't care for their goofy-looking logo):

With this next forum, I don't care for the forum format, but I really like their mod-looking logo design:

The next three examples aren't forums, but they are sphynx and cat-related sites that have a nice modern design and color scheme:

Hope these sites will help inspire some new ideas! If I find more sites that I think have the kind of look and/or color scheme that'll be good for this forum, I'll be sure to post them here. :tinysmile_grin_t:

P.S. I agree with streakin; it would be nice to have an edit button and be able to edit our posts after the current 1 min deadline.

P.P.S I also think we need more variety with our smileys and a much more expanded smiley list to choose from. :tinysmile_aha_t:

Last edited by a moderator:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maybe if there was some sort of notification or something when people add new pics to their album? So people would know their are new pics to view. Just a thought.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,
New sphynxlair is in progress, should be done in a few days, I hope you like it!
one question, would you guys be interested in a "blog" section?
thanks,
admin

Brooke

Banned
Hi Admin, the slogan "if it's got hair, it's just a cat"...love it! that would be a great slogan for the forum.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, yeah i like it too, trying to work it in, the guy is having trouble with the sphynx logo cartoon i drew, he made it black with a slight glow outline but he cant outline the curly tail, which i really wanted, it looks great, but i may have to loose the tail, any suggestions Brooke how he can outline the tail? he says his hand is not steady enough with the mouse.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok i changed the photos on home page to latest pictures, tell me if you prefer that, the other setting random pics would just show random pics everytime you refresh the page. there will also be a new picture gallery when the sphynx lair project is finished.

Brooke

Banned
Hi Admin,
I recreated the cat drawing (with the tail!) for you. Didn't know what colors you want to use, so let me know if you want me to change the colors or your web guy can probably do it. I also attached a little logo I did quickly, just for fun! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

~Brooke

Attachments

• SphynxLairCat.jpg
    SphynxLairCat.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 17
  • SphynxLairCat_glow.jpg
    SphynxLairCat_glow.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 15
  • SphynxLairLogo.jpg
    SphynxLairLogo.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 18

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Brooke , your awesome...!!!!!!!!! let me see what he can do with this, i dont thing hes much of a graphics guy.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if you can make it, and he can then incorperate it, his file is .png, does that matter?
he did it solod black with a glow outline, but the "sphynx lair logo he made has a goldish out line which would look cool around the kitty logo, ill update you on his response, he has not answerd mails today.(probably doesnt work on sundays?) again you are awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Back