Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

HELP!!

So got my baby 2 days ago...and he keeps me awake all night meowing and running all over me...he eventually goes to sleep just to wake up a couple hours later and do it all over again!! Is this normal? I love him to pieces but this mama need her sleep also!! What can I do to get him to sleep better thru the night!!
Pic for attention
20180427_205656.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NycoleD totally normal sphynx behavior
It's a big new world to explore !
My adult girl still does zoomies at bedtime across pillows amd my head ! I have to cover my ears amd close my eyes -
It's her zoom before settling in the crook of my arm/blanket

1. Playtime before bed with a pole toy like Dabird (put away after bcz they have a habit of chewing strings! Have to kitty proof home and cst toys for life )

2. Train like a dog - I have 50x60 throw blankets on the bed -
I say "sleepy time " amd tap on their blankies
As soon as they get on it, I give verbal praise amd at the same time an immediate kibble treat placed on the blanket.
I kept a jar of treats by the bed ( packets would only get chewed open in the middle of the night )

They are smart and soon learn to go sleepy sleep time -
Yoda actually chirps to be covered up in his blankie like a sphynx burrito

Once they get it I no longer use treats amd comtinue verbal praise always :)

Head smooches sent! He will settle in a routine :)

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@NycoleD oooh those sleepless nights for new born sphynx mommies! If you want him to sleep in your bedroom you could to make him tired by playing with him before you go to sleep. When you're in bed and he wants to play ignore him, say him 'no' and don't pay attention to him. It can take a while (a few weeks) before he learns.
If you have a separate room you can also make a bed for him there so he has his own bedroom. Hopefully he'll accept that without meowing and scratching!

He is in our room with us cause I'm not comfortable having him in the common areas as of yet because he is so little and I have other furbabies.
I'm making time every couple hours to make a point to go into our room and love him up and play with him...I think he is thinking nighttime is a free for all cause I'm in there for a bulk amount of time lol
I'm hoping in the next couple days I can slowly introduce him to the other kitties and they can tire his butt out lol!!
Hes so much fun and I'm trying the no thing...but he is so persistent lol
I keep at it tho!! I'm determined as is he lol

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NycoleD , head smooches sent ! It will all come together :)
Look forward to pics and tales of all paws! All are lair family :)

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya , my two are really good the slotted quickly into our bedtime and get up time
They have a mad 15-20 minuets mad crazy play time I think they do this to burn off energy but I am no expert
If you don’t want to put him into another room , then be patient give him a real action packed game of fetch or play with the feather toy stick thing to tire him before bed
I am sure he will soon slot into your bedtime routine
Massive hugs
❤️❤️❤️cxxx

Was a little better last night! I told him no quite a few times but I think he is getting it...he loves to sleep on my side under the blankets which I dont mind at all...as long as we both get to sleep lmao