Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hey all! New here & hoping to dive into the sphynx world!

baldycat

Lairian
Hey ladies & gents!

I'm a 22-year-old female living in Maine with my husband and our 2 cats (not sphynxes!). I've wanted a sphynx for about as long as I can remember, and plan to bring one home in the next year or so! If money wasn't an issue, we would've had one YEARS ago.

I'm looking forward to reading about all your babies, and would love ANY advice you'd give me on taking care of sphynx kitties, checking out potential breeders to buy from, living with a sphynx in a colder climate, bathing your sphynx, etc!

Thanks, and hello again! :)

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello.

You'll find everyone on the site is extremely helpful, and the knowledge and information on here is amazing.

Good luck in finding a Sphynx (and I'd like to see pictures of your coated cats :ThumbsUp:)

baldycat

Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
What would you like to know about sphynx?

Well, I suppose I've done quite a bit of reading on the sphynx breed... but I would love to hear from others who live in colder climates. I'm in Maine, so it's not exactly subarctic here, but it definitely gets quite chilly in our apartment in the winter if we don't keep the heat going on a consistent enough basis. I am wondering how warm my apartment will need to be with a spyhnx living here?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi baldycat and welcome to sphynxlair!
Good luck in your search we are in nj and temp. is no problem they find A spot and snuggle.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's pretty warm here in Texas, compared to when I lived in Colorado.

Having moved to warmer climes recently, I keep my house pretty cold. My Kitty lets me know when he's too cold (he chirrups at me if I leave the door open too long :Smile:). a heated pet-bed and an area he can get to near the heater vent seems to keep him fairly happy.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Baldycat and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your Sphynx search! Keep us updated! Please enjoy the site!:Laugh:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Welcome! I live in Wisconin in a small but not well insulated condo. I keep my thermostat at 65 during the day and nite. Haji has a heated hut that is always on. but he mostly cuddles withe me at nite to keep warm!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have baskets with heating pads and fleece blankets for mine. I also have sweaters. People all over the world have sphynx cats so no worries.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! I live in Wisconsin, too, in a sort of drafty old house. I keep it pretty cool when I'm not home (about 65) but have loads and loads of blankets in every room. I also put area rugs down around their food dishes so their little tootsies don't get cold on the Pergo while they eat. Plus if I'm home, I keep the space heater on. They always find a nice warm place! Enjoy yourself here :ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We have a some what drafty house as well. Windows don't quite hold the heat in or the cold out as much as we like so we put plastic up in the winter months. ( I so can't wait for sprint/summer!) But we keep the temp at about 69 degrees and a small electric heater in the family room with lots of blankeys around so if Snuffie does happen to get a chill she can always find a snuggley warm spot. She loves her fleece bed the most.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to one of the kindest places I know. Lots of good folk here to help and advise you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and welcome!! Can't wait to see pictures of you furry friends and hope that you find a new sphynx baby soon!!:BigSmile:

Funnaturechic

Lairian
Hiii, I adopted an adult male... I have always loved this breed of cat..and owned Siamese, dog-like cats. I am a Professional Dog Trainer and had also considered a small dog to go along with my two medium sized dogs. They love small dogs and cats!

Well, this new boy is happy to be with us and the girls and I truly are thrilled this opportunity to adopt him came along this month. :)

I can say that there is a possibility to adopt... :) There are a small number of rescue groups online. I think there might be a link to one or two through this site. Now, I cannot recall.

His Royal Highness has requested a thorough ear cleaning, bath and proper clothes before his first photo shoot to be posted for all to see. So, I will post photos soon. Ha, ha, ha..

Mine has been well socialized and loves to go places, ride in the car, etc. He is very well trained. I am thrilled. He also had swimming lessons as a kitten. So, he loves to swim! :) I can't wait to take him to the beach with a 30 - 50 sunscreen on...and watch him splash in the water. He had a pet taxi to go places and stay out of the sun... I will get him another one.

I am also knitting things for him to wear. His clothes were not the finest!
Ha, ha, ha...

Sending smiles to Maine from NC,
Christina :)

Back