Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi Everyone, Me Again LOL

VeritySphynx

Lairian
So, we have our new cat and after a week the two cats were sleeping together (have had their play fights a lot but they are friends... I think).
Anyways, after 6 weeks with the temperature dropping we put the little guy in a jumper as he was cold and my other cat went wild, she was hissing and terrified like she was before (when we first got the new cat) and it was one of our jumpers so didnt have any new scents on it?
Not really sure why - but they were both scared of each other with the jumper - has anyone else experienced this? Will we not be able to put jumpers on either of them?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@VeritySphynx , awhh hugs.... perhaps not use jumpers and put extra throw blankets around.. mine love to burrow in blankets. my one boy would get really stressed with any changes. now they go nakid with extra blankets.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I think it does just take some time to adjust. You also have the option of not using them and just providing plenty of warm spots as stated above. No wrong or right way save for the caution of not leaving them clothed and unattended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VeritySphynx

Lairian
@Sheldon13 @Yoda mom Thank you both for your responses.
We always have lots of blankets but I know my cat before would wear jackets a lot in colder weathers and my other cat wouldn't mind - it is the new cat she just cant stand wearing his jacket - its like she thinks its a new cat.
Think I will just avoid jackets in future to save from any agro between the two

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Same happened her when I did put on a jumper on one of my boys. The other one, Ross, hissed an tried to atrack. Normally they are the best buddies! I then put on a jumper on Ross and Toa started to hiss. After a while they stopped hissing. But I still stopped with the clothes