Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi Everyone!

Kphelan02

Lairian
Hello :) My little one's name is Jinkx. She's a 7-month-old Peterbald sphynx from Massachusetts. She is my first sphynx, and she has quickly won over my heart. I am a millennial, so of course she bops around on instagram. She's a little firecracker who likes to whips around the house at sunset chasing shadows and trying to convince bugs she is fearsome. We are very happy to meet you all!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphyxlair for you and Jinkx. Do you have a photo of Jinkx you want to share?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair! I am looking forward to seeing you and your baby becoming active members in the community.

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to the lair! Hope you will share tales and pics of Jinkx with us :) I do absolutely love Peterbalds and wanted to get one, but they are extremely hard to find in the UK. Your avatar pic looks adorable!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh heavens! What a looker! Welcome to the lair. I for one would like to know what the difference is with Peterbald and Canadian sphynx? I can see on the pictures that they do look different. The Peterbald looks bigger and the angles in the face are a bit different.

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I honestly can't tell a difference with Peterbalds but Jinkx is a real cutie {=

Or should I say she's ah-may-zing and just wants to express her creativity and receive frequent feedback on account of her millennial genes ;)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kphelan02 welcoming you amd gorgeous Jinkx to the lair family ! I can see how she stole your heart and she sounds like she has you smiling ear to ear with all her personality!
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch with lots of pics amd tales!
Peterbalds are real beauties!

Be sure to open this Link separate link and add Jinkx to the official Instagram thread

Post pics here too for us non IG and FB members !

What is her favorite toy? Silliest thing she does?

Hugs hesd smooches!

Kphelan02

Lairian
Hi again everyone!

For those wondering, the main difference is the cause of hairlessness. Canadian breeds are hairless due to a recessive gene while don and Peterbald have a dominant gene. The peterbald does tend to have a more slender appearance, large ears, angular head, and long toes. For size context, right now she is almost 8 months old and weighs 4 pounds. When she came home at 12 weeks (I think it was 12) she weighed just under 2 pounds.

Her favorite toy is a pink fish on a string, she loves to try to launch into the air and catch it.