Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi everyone

Acharyse

Lairian
Hi, My mom signed me up for this account. I don’t have a sphynx cat yet. But I am going to get one and I’m really excited. I’m going to get one in a few months for christmas. I’ve done research and I think I’m ready to have one. I want to be a veterinarian when I grow because I like to work with animals. My mom found one for $800 dollars but how are we suppose to know if it’s at scam. But we trust it! I really really want her! I’m really good with animals so far. Can you guys please help us! I want to learn as much as possible!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Archaryse, welcoming you and your mom the the lair family! jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch. we are a down to earth bunch with wonderful members. we all come together for the love of sphynx.

I have 4 sphynx adoptees. I encourage you and your mom to read the sphynx information center. especially the articles on what to expect from a reputable breeder.

there is a very very helpful thread on fraud tips. never hesitate to ask questions. always go with your gut. western union payment is a big red flag. you will see tips on questions and what to look for in ads. we are here for you. feel free to PM me the kitties info /advertisement to take a look for signs.

so glad you joined us! the sphynxlair is an amazing caring, knowledgeable community.

so excited for you opening your hearts and home to sphynx love. you will be a great sphynx mum. wonderful you goal to be a veterinarian!

welcome!!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Acharyse , here is the link to the information center. lots of info to prepare for sphynx life :) they are amazing kitties. cat, dog, monkey, baby all in one :)

very excited for you. all paws crossed the sphynx stars align with a reputable breeder! never hesitate to ask for recommendations for breeders in your area.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Acharyse , here are two very very important threads to read when looking for a sphynx kitty

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Acharyse , so glad you joined us! jump in and post with us! so glad you are doing your research and learning.

enjoy this wonderful community

ps... I adopted from a wonderful breeder in Florida that is experienced in shipping and is very professional. she stays in touch years after gotcha day. my kitty from her just turned 9 this year . let me know if you want me to PM her information.

Acharyse

Lairian
@Acharyse , so glad you joined us! jump in and post with us! so glad you are doing your research and learning.

enjoy this wonderful community

ps... I adopted from a wonderful breeder in Florida that is experienced in shipping and is very professional. she stays in touch years after gotcha day. my kitty from her just turned 9 this year . let me know if you want me to PM her information.

We live in Florida. But we was texting a breeder from Texas for 800 dollars. Shipping inclusive.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Acharyse welcome to the community. I would only buy sphynx cat if:

Breeder scans the mum and dad cat for HEART conditions called HCM and shows proof
Breeder provides health guarantee
Breeder provides registration certificate for the cat from a cat association which is registered

Some things to think about when preparing for your arrival:

You will need pet insurance to take care of your new kitten/cats health
You will need to buy toys, soft blankets, clothes, bedding
You will need very good quality food
You will need to kitty proof your house so it does not get tangled or hurt in blinds or from eating small things such as plastic
You will need three litter trays and get a routine of cleaning out the litter tray day and night (sphynx have very smelly poo poos)
You will need to have spare money / savings to pay for vet bills

I would also suggest you visit if you can or ask for a FACETIME/SKYPE meeting / call so you can see how she keeps her cats and the kittens.

Good luck.

Back