Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi, Firehillqueen, new to sphynxlair!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Tosca is doing wonderfully with the new babies. She is getting around a lot more than when she first came to live here. I believe she is losing weight. Of course its a little hard to tell, but Richard and I both think she is shrinking... She is still eating, of course, and now she has taken over the kittens heated bed. I found her sleeping butt to butt with them. What a turn around.

awwww great news

firehillqueen

Banned
Today I found Tosca sharing the bottom layer of the kitty tower with Ciel! I snapped a couple photos for proof that she is finally accepting the kittens as permanent part of her home. I am so happy.
Well.. I am counting down the days until my first cat show. I am getting my toes ( and the two kittens) wet and going to be at the Ft. Worth Cat show in June.Ft Worth Feline Fanciers 2010

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So nice to hear that everything is settling into place :ThumbsUp: That gives me such hope that maybe Mug-Y will accept someone one day...It goes to prove how a happy home can make a happy and accepting cat.

Well done you for giving her such a great home and a chance for her real personality to come through!

:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

X

firehillqueen

Banned
Today Tosca was not only sleeping with the Cadeau and Ceil but she licked Ceil's eyes almost raw cleaning her little face. Later she turned to Cadeau and held him down while she licked his ears. I am so thrilled that she is now happy with her two buddies.
Poor Cadeau an Ciel needed the comforting since they had their shots so they will be ready for June cat show. I am so hoping to get the poor little odd eye mentioned in the other post.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Today Tosca was not only sleeping with the Cadeau and Ceil but she licked Ceil's eyes almost raw cleaning her little face. Later she turned to Cadeau and held him down while she licked his ears. I am so thrilled that she is now happy with her two buddies.
Poor Cadeau an Ciel needed the comforting since they had their shots so they will be ready for June cat show. I am so hoping to get the poor little odd eye mentioned in the other post.

I'm so glad to hear your Sphynx adventure has gotten a lot happier than when you first posted. Its great to remember that heartbreak and loss can be soothed with love.

firehillqueen

Banned
I still miss my Singe and Du more than I can say. Funny though how now Cadeau will not let the chihuahuas keep him from sleeping with me. Its as if he knew I was missing Du. Cadeau is not like Du, he will not take his place, but he has made his own. Little sweet Ciel is in many ways very very similar to Singe with her quiet presence. She sleeps in the very same place on the corner of the couch, likes to lick Richard balding head like Singe loved to do. She too will quietly creep up on either or our laps while we are watching t.v. at night. Tosca has leaned to share Richard's lap with her. Somehow I feel like my dear lost boys guided this two sweet babies to us. At least I like to think so.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's so lovely! I'm a firm believer that our pets are guided to us for a reason...both for their and our benefit.

So glad to hear everyone is settling in and I'm so happy for Tosca that she has friends now to be active with and love!

Congratulations on having such a great kitty family!

X

firehillqueen

Banned
Forgot to mention, Cadeau now weights a whopping 6.14 pounds and Ceil weighed in at 5.11 pounds. Vet said they are in wonderful condition. I asked about heart scans but she said they did not do it at their clinic. She said she didn't think I should have them scanned unless I thought they were high risk. We didn't have any idea about Singe so it went undiagnosed until too late. The breeder they came from said there was no history in their bloodline, I guess I am just overly concerned after losing Singe to FHC

Back