Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi from Ca

Teri*D

Lairian
I just found this site and find it really interesting!

I have never owned a cat in my life and over a year ago my son moved back home due to work issues, he asked to bring his sphynx cat with him and I was a little leery at first but agreed. Now I am so so close to Chloe (the cat), she is so spoiled by me and is really attached to me! I have a part time job so i'm always home with her and always there when she wakes up from her naps, The first week of May I am going to Hawaii for 3 weeks which i'm really excited about but i'm also really really worried to leave her for so long, she will have my son here to feed her and all that but he works and goes out with his buddies so he won't be home a whole lot. I'm constantly thinking about leaving her for so long and if she will forget me, I really need to be reassured from other cat owners everything will be ok! Will she forget me, will she be heartbroken, lonely? This is really hard on me!

Thanks!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
I had to leave my acts behind before for 2 years and none of them ever forgot me.
I am sure they will be fine.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I still got to see them.
I lived at at a place that did not allow cats at the time so they stayed at my dads.

Bella07

Banned
Welcome to the site!
Of course Chloe won't forget you.....it will probably make your bond that much closer! I have been on ton of vacations before, and no, none of the pets ever forgot me. Have fun in Hawaii! I have always wanted to go there.

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Oh my, you have got it bad! Here's a chance to go to Hawaii and it almost makes you sad. A true blue Sphynx Mom is what you are!

I think Chloe will be just fine. Why don't you buy her a new teaser and when you come home, drop your luggage and play with her? It would be like the kitty equivalent of a souvinier!

lexin77

Lairian
I used to base my vacations around the cat being alone, but recently I've realized she is really OK with it.
She will be FINE!!!!
Go to Hawaii! You will definitely think about her but you have the rest of her life to spend with her...

Teri*D

Lairian
Aww, thank you again everyone. It does make me feel a little better to know I can go and have a good time but at the same time I look at her cute little face or when she comes up to me to play or just love her it makes me sad to leave her so long. I have only left her once before and it was only for a week and she seamed mad at me for a few days! The pic in my avatar is her when I got back and she climbed into my bag like she was telling me I can't leave without her again! lol.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair!

I am sure she will be fine! As soon as you walk through that door she will be all over you wanting some loving!! Enjoy Hawaii!!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome!

How could she forget such a loving mumma! I'm sre she'll be so happy to see you when you get back.

Why don't yo see if you can get her an interactive toy to play with while yo're away? It might help to keep her busy while your son is at work.

Have a fab holiday! I would looooove to go to Hawaii!

X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awwww, she will definately miss you with you being so close, she will wander where you are but will wait patiently for you to come home! And when you do she will b so pleased. Course she won't forget you!! I left Mo for 2 weeks to go on holiday to Spain, I worried every day about him but when I got home he was so cuddly and really appreciated me more than normal! He was so glad I was home. Enjoy your trip!

Teri*D

Lairian
you are all so sweet! Thank you so much for the kind words. It helps to know you all been there and came home and your baby hasn't forgotten about you! It's getting so close to my vacation.

BTW, I been buying her toys like crazy, lol! It looks like I have a toddler again :Smile:

susi794

Staff member
Lucky little girl...to have a mommy that loves her so much. She will miss you for sure, but she will love you all the more when you get back.
Aloha!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Teri*D and welcome to Sphynxlair! We are glad you found the site! Please enjoy!:Laugh:

Back