Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi! I am new here.

jacq_o_lantern

Lairian
I got a friend request from Sphynx Lair on Facebook. That is how I found this place. :Smile: There is a ton of great info here so thank you for finding me!!!

Here are some pictures of Lola. I got her labor day weekend 2008. She was abused and I am her 4th (and final) home. She is the sweetest girl ever and I can't imagine anyone neglecting/abusing her! I tell her every day how lucky I am that she came into my life. :BigSmile:

Jacquie

25685_1365090452595_1391655211_9982.jpg

25685_1365090372593_1391655211_9982.jpg

25685_1365090292591_1391655211_9982.jpg

25685_1365090252590_1391655211_9982.jpg

25326_1378940478837_1391655211_1029.jpg

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
welcome jacq_o_lantern, so glad you have given her a forever home. How the heck can 3 people give up such a great thing:Angry:

firehillqueen

Banned
Welcome to this wonderful site. I recently found this through facebook too. The people are warm, friendly and supportive. Congratulations on your sweet girl. I agree, how can anyone abuse these sweet creatures.

jacq_o_lantern

Lairian
Thank you all so much!

Have any of you had a cat that needed a root canal? Shortly after I got Lola I noticed her fang was broken. Not bad, but it wasn't pointy anymore. I had the option of getting her a root canal (which was very expensive - $2k, but worth every penny) or having the tooth pulled. The problem with pulling the tooth they said was that it would disfigure her face because that whole cheekbone part would come out with it. Besides being disfigured (I would love her no matter how she looked), it would cause her upper lip to "cave in" and she would constantly bite it all the time and that could cause open sores on her lips and/or infections. That is why I chose the root canal - which was successful. YAY!!

Also - how often do you bring your cats in to get their teeth cleaned? Lola's teeth turned "bad" looking only a couple weeks after I got hers cleaned. Is this normal? :(

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all so much!

Have any of you had a cat that needed a root canal? Shortly after I got Lola I noticed her fang was broken. Not bad, but it wasn't pointy anymore. I had the option of getting her a root canal (which was very expensive - $2k, but worth every penny) or having the tooth pulled. The problem with pulling the tooth they said was that it would disfigure her face because that whole cheekbone part would come out with it. Besides being disfigured (I would love her no matter how she looked), it would cause her upper lip to "cave in" and she would constantly bite it all the time and that could cause open sores on her lips and/or infections. That is why I chose the root canal - which was successful. YAY!!

Also - how often do you bring your cats in to get their teeth cleaned? Lola's teeth turned "bad" looking only a couple weeks after I got hers cleaned. Is this normal? :(

WOw good choice on the root canal :ThumbsUp:
We have 2 sphynx the same age one with pearly whites and with teeth that look like they are coffee stained:Laugh: Sounds like you are going the have to brush Lola's teeth. Little finger brushes are great they are for cats and they have toothpaste to, I get them in wal mart

susi794

Staff member
God bless you for giving this little girl a loving home. You tell her every day how lucky you are to have her and I bet she says the same thing right back to you. You sound like a great mommy and I can't wait to hear more about you both.
I'm so glad that you found this site--it is filled with the kindest, most generous people I have ever come in contact with. Glad you're part of the community now!
Susi and the Gang

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrads on giving her a safe home!

-- I love how she curls her tail into a spiral like the logo!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jacquie and welcome to Sphynxlair! What a great story! Thanks for sharing and we hope you enjoy the site!:Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
welcome jacq_o_lantern, so glad you have given her a forever home. How the heck can 3 people give up such a great thing:Angry:

Unfortunately the same thing happened to Piglet before I finally got her. :Angry: She was a rescue and went through at least four homes before I got her. To this day I cannot believe that anybody would ever want to give up such a sweet cat, who is now a registered therapy animal (helping a lot of people every week!) and a beloved member of my family. :Smile:

Oh, by the way, welcome jacq-o-lantern. It's so great that you were able to give this sweet little girl kitty a loving forever home! :ThumbsUp:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
WELCOME!!! We're glad you're here & bless you for finally giving that gorgeous little girl a forever home. Thank you!!! :ThumbsUp:

Back