Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi! I love bald kitties! But I don't have one:(

want a sphynx

Lairian
HI! I'm new here, my name is Jackie, I am 51, retired due to a stroke a few years ago, and Lupus. seizures, and neuropathy ... I am looking for a sphynx cat. I would really prefer an adult cat, I don't know that I can handle a kitten any more. I really can't afford a huge amount, being on disability... but can give one a GREAT home! I have great vet references, have two tiny toy poodles. both spayed females. My dogs go to the vet at least twice a year for check ups, are always current on vaccines, etc.:BigSmile: Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jackie

Well I recommend checking the "rescue" tab on here. We always have several looking for good homes so check there first. And also check the craigslist and hoobly in your area for ads! And lastly, check the breeders are your area to see if they have any retired females needing adoption. They usually require minimal fees and the cats are already adults. Good luck! :BigSmile:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome Jackie! I hope you have a bald kitty soon! Once you let us know where you are located we can help you find a kitty. Just keep your eyes posted on the rescue tab as was mentioned above :) Good luck on your search!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like you need some good loving. I'm a firm believer that animals (especially a sphynx) can improve a person's health. A sphynx will definitely increase your quality of life. Good luck.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! Good luck in finding your sphynx....there are many helpful people here. Keep your eyes open like the others said, and your sphynx will find you! :ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello want a sphynx and welcome to Sphynxlair! i'm sure you will find a Sphynx, just be patient and do not rush into it! Good luck!:ThumbsUp:

want a sphynx

Lairian
Thank you all, oooops, I am in northwestern Pennsylvania, between Pittsburgh and Erie, a small town in Warren County. My vet lives right around the corner from me, so he is always available! lol, Actually, he checks in on ME too. Since my stroke, he has made house calls for my dogs vaccine updates. I don't drive, so I am always (almost always) home. I do have DR. appts, but am mostly a homebody. I don't use ANY chemicals in my house, all natural products. I even use the shark steam cleaner so no chemicals on my floors, counters, ect. My vet staff always comment how they want to come back as one of my pets... lol My dogs are totals princesses, they love to wear clothes, go for rides in the car , hubby takes us for rides a couple times a week.

Any sphynx I get will be pampered and loved beyond belief. Whether it be a rescue, or from a breeder, it will be cherished, and become one of my children, we have a king size bed, and only my 2 tiny dogs, so a sphynx is NEEDED as well as wanted !

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Jackie nice to meet you. Keep your eyes open and you'll find your sphynx. And this is a great place to learn about them in the meantime.

Back