Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi , my name is Nofuratu and im SOTW!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Say hello to Nofuratu! He is our new Sphynx Of The Week. Find out more about Nofuratu and his owner on there homepage click link --->View Profile: Nofuratu

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone! Mom has been sick and away from the lair for a few days. It was such a surprise to see my mug on the home page! Yay for me! LOL

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a handsome boy (but I do like my reds!) and loving his name, had a little giggle!

Thanks! I live in atlantic Canada, out in the country where we are very French/English bilingual. Not a lot of people out here understand the name thing. So Im always delighted when someone "gets it".
A lot of people out here speak a dialect called Chiuc which is half french, half english. Its not meant to be slang, its just that some people are so bilingual that sometimes a french word pops out and sometimes an english word. So you get a sentence that has both languages. So A lot of people here think "No fur a tu" is Chiuc meaning "No fur On You" ("a tu" is "on you").
When I try to explain he's named after a vampire I just get a blank stare.
sigh.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

fezmarie73

Lairian
Congrats, Nofuratu!

My favorite pic is still the one with the tiara! :LOL:

Funny you should mention French Canada.. I work at the Dallas Museum of Art, and we recently had visitors from Montreal (can't remember which museum), but the lady said something that sounded like "Donc-que". She said it a LOT. Do you have any idea what this could be?

I'm Austrian, so all I hear is Danke... Danke... Danke.. If she's peppering her speech with thank you's, I'm definitely lovin' Canada!!