Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi...

littlegrumple

Lairian
Hi there,
I meant to join you for months, even before I had my beautiful naked baby... then he arrived and there was no way for me to spend any time typing without him trying to help :)
Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore: my beautiful Grumpelstintskin fell ill with FIP, and 10 days ago I had to let go of him.
I don't know whether this is the right place to tell our story, but I have made it my business to make sure I do my bit to try and stop this happening to other people.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
I meant to join you for months, even before I had my beautiful naked baby... then he arrived and there was no way for me to spend any time typing without him trying to help :)
Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore: my beautiful Grumpelstintskin fell ill with FIP, and 10 days ago I had to let go of him.
I don't know whether this is the right place to tell our story, but I have made it my business to make sure I do my bit to try and stop this happening to other people.
Hello @littlegrumple and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! So sorry to hear of your loss. Your welcome to share your story, just be sure to leave out names of individuals and breeders, any information on the disease to help others is truly welcome here in the community, perhaps in our Health & Nutrition section. Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! (y)

Brutus

Lairian
Hello, sorry to hear your news. Sharing your story is okay with me, and agree with the above post from admin that any first hand experiences could help others i the community.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@littlegrumple , ((( hugs)) and my sincere condolences for your loss of Gumple- you avatar pic is very touching-
So many of us have lost a kitty suddenly and share your loss- there no words to take that pain away- you have found a lair family here- please know Little Grumple took your love with him to rainbows bridge where he is flying free and whole and healthy with our angels at the bridge..
We all learn and share with each other.. Thank you for having the strength for Grumple to tell his story..

Welcome new friend and... Is that gorgeous kitty in your avatar a bengal cat? A few of us have bengals and Sphynx kitties- I just wanted to say how gorgeous kitty is

littlegrumple

Lairian
Hello again, and thank you for welcoming me, and your kind words, they DO help.
@Yoda mom the cats in my avatar are Nettles (naughty Bengal) and Grumpelstintskin.
They were best of buddies, always cuddling together when they were not bouncing off the walls.
I got Grumple because Nettles was becoming too much for our other two resident oldies, and what an amazing experience that was!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@littlegrumple , awh.. Nettles is precious :)
I am sure in time ^Grumple^ angel will send you and Nettles "the one" to love in his honor.. To know the love he knew with you.
Yes, I personally know how "naughty" bengals can be :)
I hope you post some pics of your Nettles and two resident oldies in your album here on the lair- we luv all pics
It is obvious how much love you have in your heart for your babies..

Those amazing times are forever with you in your heart..

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Hello and Welcome to The Lair. I am so sorry to hear of your unexpected loss. FIP is just heart wrenching. I cannot wait until they find a cure.

Patti

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome. Im so sorry for your loss of your baby to the nasty FIP. I hate that so many of these babies get lost to that horrible disease. Hugs

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
I am so sorry for your loss. How sad.