Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi

Scroopy

Lairian
I have 2 sphynx's (although one is my mums actually), and also a tabby.
My sphynx is a blue and called Mooie and my mum's is red and called Nergal. They're both boys.

We got Nergal as a kitten just over 3 years ago and Mooie is a new addition as we've only had him for about four months, although he was an RSPCA cat from interstate so he is about 10 but we don't know his exact birthday.

Nergal is a bully and has separation anxiety when my mum goes to work so I have to protect Mooie a lot because he is too old to fight back, it's really sad because Mooie is always on edge.

Anyway coincidentally, just earlier today I learned of an opportunity that would help me move out of home, and I would take Mooie and my tabby (she's called Gummy-Bear), with me so Mooie wouldn't get bullied anymore.

And about me, I am 17 and live in Australia.

That was a long introduction but that's everything :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Scroopy Hello and welcome! Glad you jumped in and introduced yourself. Feel free to share pics of the crew. If Mooie is very stressed, you might try Pheromone diffusers. In the US a brand is called Feliway. Not sure if you can get it there, or something similar.

Patti

Scroopy

Lairian
Yes we have tried a natural remedy (it was drops) but we moved house a couple weeks ago and I haven't found the box they're in yet.

It's mostly a problem because Nergal wants to play but Mooie doesn't. And neither does Gummy but she'll hit Nergal back if he tried to be rough, unlike Mooie who just screams.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Scroopy ,Welcome! Looking forward to pictures amd your journey with us!
Love the kitties names!
Moving is am exciting adventure - keep us posted !
Just be sure lots of lovin and introduction to new place at their comfort level
With perhaps their favorite cat beds and cat trees moved with you alms with a diffuser .

If you do stay in your current home , I would possibly set up a kitty room for Nergal and rotate free roam of the house when home - I found comfort zone brand diffusers on Amazon a refill pack ez open of 6 for $59.00 US. To share info with you and your mom

And may be available online -
Sounds like they may all be adjusting to your current home you moved in a couple of weeks ago - sometimes it just takes time. Was Nergal always a bully in your precious house?

I also try to play at the same time with pole toys like Dabird and toss treats -
Try to distract / redirect with play with a pole toy when you see his freshness -
I do understand , bcz my Bengal could careless about playing with the others.
So I do separate play cuddle time with her . She is comfy in her own little world with me.

Welcome! looking forward to pictures ! Jump in and enjoy with us!

Last edited:

Scroopy

Lairian
@Scroopy ,Welcome! Looking forward to pictures amd your journey with us!
Love the kitties names!
Moving is am exciting adventure - keep us posted !
Just be sure lots of lovin and introduction to new place at their comfort level
With perhaps their favorite cat beds and cat trees moved with you alms with a diffuser .

If you do stay in your current home , I would possibly set up a kitty room for Nergal and rotate free roam of the house when home - I found comfort zone brand diffusers on Amazon a refill pack ez open of 6 for $59.00 US. To share info with you and your mom

And may be available online -
Sounds like they may all be adjusting to your current home you moved in a couple of weeks ago - sometimes it just takes time. Was Nergal always a bully in your precious house?

I also try to play at the same time with pole toys like Dabird and toss treats -
Try to distract / redirect with play with a pole toy when you see his freshness -
I do understand , bcz my Bengal could careless about playing with the others.
So I do separate play cuddle time with her . She is comfy in her own little world with me.

Welcome! looking forward to pictures ! Jump in and enjoy with us!

Yes I put them in separate rooms when I go out. Nergal has been like this since before we've moved.

Also Mooie doesn't play at all, but Nergal plays and needs attention always!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Nergal sounds like my Toby Love -freshy always wants to play- he is the youngest -
He actually huffs :)
I tell him "Toby love" when he gets that wild eye look -

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
That's two major changes. A new home and another cat.
I hope the feliway diffusers will help. Plus time.
Cats don't like change, so as stable and same, is best for them.
If you are going to move out, I would do it now, with the cat.
So there won't be another change for the cats. They will go through
another sudden change and that won't be good.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair for you, Mooie, Nergal and gummy-bear! Good to have you here. Do you have pics of your crew? Always love to look at pics of cats (the nakeds and the furr ones:).

It must be hard to see Mooie being bullied by Nergal. How is Gummy with Mooie? Are they okay together?

Oh and I really feel old cause when I did read your post about mooving out and your age the first thing I wanted to say was: oh please stay at home a little longer, you need the time to just grow up and do stupid things. Oh man, I'm old:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back