Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hibou's First Show!

holly_savage

Banned
Yesterday was Hibou's first show. I decided to only go for the one day instead of 2...which is probably a good thing. Hibou was not on he best behaviour, and oddly enough the other Sphynx that was there was being rude to the judges too!

There were only 2 Sphynx in our class...but AAMMYY from the Lair was also there in the HHP catagory. But that is all...3 sphynx out of 135 cats.:Cry:

They were quite the ambassadors to their breed I tell ya...hissing and growling and swatting at the judges... the other one tried to bite the judge a couple of times and my Hibou lunged at the judge through the cage!

Despite all of their shenannigans, Hibou got 2 Best of Breed, 1 10th Best of Class (from the Specialty Judge - Alt. SH) and 1 10th Best of Class (all alters)

It's not a spectacular finish but I am just tickled by the whole thing. And the compliment from passerby about her markings and how beautiful she was just made it all good...at least for me...I have never seen the cat so happy to get into he carrying case at the end of it all!:LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_7574.jpg
    IMG_7574.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7585.jpg
    IMG_7585.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7596.jpg
    IMG_7596.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7604.jpg
    IMG_7604.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7615.jpg
    IMG_7615.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7614.jpg
    IMG_7614.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 33

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats,
Do not feel bad about the cat acting up.
My Cleo got dqed for smacking a judge last October.
She purrs in the benching area though.
When is your next show?
Great Pics!!!!!
It looks like it is done like TICA does their shows.
You get 1 big Ribbon then they use the plaques.
CFA is different.
You do not get Ribbons unless you win.
Sometimes you get a toy and a paper ribbon when your cat finals.

jovanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congratulations! Looks like so much fun! I would love to go to a show and see all the different kinds of cats.

holly_savage

Banned
It was great fun. I bit of a long day mind you and we only attended the one day!

Jovanna, if you search for CCA-AFC (Canadian Cat Association, they have a list of upcoming shows and locations. I know there is one at the CNE in Toronto, and I think it is the last weekend of August.

I think our next one will be a CFA show in Cambridge, just to see how that is done differently. And after that there is one in Guelph (only an hour away) in October.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man, I swore I would never go to a cat show. Now you guys got me interested. I'm sure Hibou would make Buttersquash look like the devil so I doubt he'll be showing any time soon.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Man, I swore I would never go to a cat show. Now you guys got me interested. I'm sure Hibou would make Buttersquash look like the devil so I doubt he'll be showing any time soon.

I went to my first on Easter weekend as just a spectator. I'm so glad I did. It was the most fun I've had in forever and I followed those Sphynx's all around just to watch how they did. I think you should go, you'd like it. Be careful of all the vendors,,,they will get you. lol

holly_savage

Banned
Well I was thinking about that and right now the front bedroom is the office/fish room/plant room/junk room (does anyone else have one of those...:LOL:) Anyhow, I was thinking that it could become the Fish/Cat room...lots of late afternoon sun and sometimes very early am sun too...I think I will clean that room up and make it the new Cat room...place to hang the ribbons and such!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Look at Cleo she is a very nice cat but when she is in the ring she turns into a monster.
She was fine in her first 4 show except she would hiss a little.
Then that cat clawed her and she started smacking judges.
Wrinkles can be a b@@ch here but she has never hissed or anything at a show except one time in the benching area because she had been altered about 12 days before that.
There was 15 people that wanted to pet her.
Polar Bare plays with everything in the ring.
Give your cat time she my act better.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Well I was thinking about that and right now the front bedroom is the office/fish room/plant room/junk room (does anyone else have one of those...:LOL:) Anyhow, I was thinking that it could become the Fish/Cat room...lots of late afternoon sun and sometimes very early am sun too...I think I will clean that room up and make it the new Cat room...place to hang the ribbons and such!

My mom has one of those types of rooms. lol I haven't been able to afford a big enough house yet to get one of those....I dream of one someday! lol

holly_savage

Banned
Oh I'm sure. Everytime I go home I tend to bury myself in that room and organize everything!! lol I hate clutter and can't stand to look at it.

Wanna come over for a week?????Huh, we are terrible at keeping things uncluttered! Both of us equally, so you can just imagine how it piles up!

Back